SQ4you

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ4you

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SteveR
    SteveR
    Participant

We have a SQ-6 mixer and we use SQ4-you for our live stream sound. It has worked flawlessly since installing 6 months ago until today. Today the iPad app says NO MIX across all channels. Any idea’s?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

to much ideas to tell

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@SteveR

what did you all change?

what did the ipad ap say previously?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

It sounds like there are no channels assigned to the needed mix within the SQ4You app.
    You need to set up the mix you want to control and then assign the needed channels to the mix. That is in the app not the mixer.

Any auto updates take place on the iPad, what firmware version is the mixer running.

Profile photo of SteveR
    SteveR
    Participant

There has been no changes in the app / or the sound board. We did have a network issue last Sunday, but we were able to fix. I can ping both the SQ-6 and the iPad from the network. The app shows all the channels and feeds. We just can’t do anything with them. It says in all caps and in red “NO MIX”. I can even see the sound bars moving. But can’t control them. Its worked perfect for the since installing 4-6 months ago. Since it is our out feed for our live stream and not the main church mix, we can’t use the SQ app. Tried that and well, we wont do the again.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@SteveR –

SQ4You can be used to control one mix at a time.
    The mix is chosen (in the app) from those which are available to the user – set via user permissions in the SQ itself.
    NO MIX appears when the app is not assigned to a mix.
    So you just need to assign a mix in the app (top right of the main screen with wheels).

Cheers,
    Keith

volounteer
    Participant

@KeithJ A&H

They say they changed nothing and it worked previously.

Can the AH gear delete the assignment of the mix (like when the network fails) so as to require it being put back?

Profile photo of SteveR
    SteveR
    Participant

I will get with the sound team to make sure that the mix is set up in the SQ-6 board

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@volounteer,

The mix assignment is at the client/app end, this could be unassigned by the user, the app could have been used with a different board, user permissions for access to the mix may have been inadvertently changed at the desk and then switched back later, the stored app data in the device may have been lost (though unlikely in this case as it sounds like the group/channel assignments were still there).. or something else.

So there are many different potential reasons for it, but the solution to the OP is simply to re-assign the app to the correct mix, which (if nothing has changed with the rest of the setup) takes two touches from the main ‘wheel screen’.

Cheers,
    Keith.

volounteer
    Participant

@keithjah

thanks for explaining that to us. I agree your suggestion to reassign the ap to the mix fixes that problem but I had wondered if there was a bigger problem lurking somewhere.

Profile photo of SteveR
    SteveR
    Participant

Here is a screen shot. As you can it shows signal and mixes.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    SteffenR
    Participant

in the main screen you have to select a mix (upper right corner)

Profile photo of SteveR
    SteveR
    Participant

That did it. I wonder how that got turned off. Any how I thank you all so much for your help.

SteffenR
    Participant

I would guess an update changed the selection of the mix

Profile photo of DrJ
    DrJ
    Participant

Our church installed an SQ-7 board along with 9 IEMs (3 wireless and 6 wired) yesterday and had practice last night. Most people were able to connect to the SQ4YOU app, but 3 people were unable to connect even though all devices connected easily to the router dedicated for this purpose only. One of the phones was android and the other 2 were Iphones. Phones were restarted and WiFi connections were deleted and reconnected, but never connected to the app. What would anyone recommend?
    Also, we have 2 different worship bands so each IEM Aux will be used by 2 different people on alternate weeks. Is there a way for each person to save their IEM mix in their app? Is there a way to assign users in the app so that one user could be User 1, and the other User2? I suppose I could save 2 different scenes on the board (one for each of the 2 worship teams). That would save the Aux settings for each band. any suggestions? Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.