SQ with Logic

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ with Logic

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ryan Ryan 4 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of davecave
    davecave
    Participant

Hi people… newbie here.. is anyone using an SQ as main interface with logic X?? works good?

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Participant

Hi

I just downloaded Logic Pro X and I’m looking forward to using it with the SQ6 soon

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

there were some problems related to the latest OSX release,
    but I have no idea if they are fixed

and some have difficulties in configuring the DAW control with Logic
    since Logic is doing some things different

Profile photo of JTRJAMMER
    JTRJAMMER
    Participant

I connected an SQ-5 up to Logic Pro X (10.4.8) running on OS X Catalina (10.15.4), it almost works, but getting a few strange anomalies. Fader assigned to MIDI Channel 8 will move Fader assigned to MIDI Channel 1 and the Output fader on the DAW at the same time. I can move the Output fader on the DAW or the SQ and it moves independently. I can move the fader on the SQ or DAW for Channel 1 and it moves independently. I can move the fader for channel 8 on the DAW and it moves independent, but if I move the fader for channel 8 on the SQ then it moves channel 1 and Output fader. Also moving channel 4 fader causes PAFL to activate on channel 1 and there is some other random PAFL assignment being made that
    I haven’t identified. I suspect this has more to do with the DAW configuration than with the SQ as the SQ MIDI implementation seems pretty straight forward. I sent a note to A&H for tech assist and they said that Logic Pro X is not one of the DAWs they test. A bit surprised by that as I think they may have meant Logic Pro X on Catalina, since the instruction in the DAW-Control-Help document list Mojave and Apple Logic.

Profile photo of JTRJAMMER
    JTRJAMMER
    Participant

Okay, once again operator error. I started a new file and all seems okay with MIDI control. I think I have something messed up with some bus assignments I made.

Profile photo of raycarroll03
    raycarroll03
    Participant

Hey I am new to the sq6 and was I was told that I could group choir mics through the DCA. I found out how to get to the DCA’s which is on layer D for me how to get it to the A layer to be able to control 3 mics with one control. Had a roland board before.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Hey I am new to the sq6 and was I was told that I could group choir mics through the DCA. I found out how to get to the DCA’s which is on layer D for me how to get it to the A layer to be able to control 3 mics with one control. Had a roland board before.

read the manual
    or watch the tutorials on YT

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Participant

This is simple enough using the Strip Assign. You can customise your layers however you like

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Participant

I have read somewhere that MacOS Catalina has not yet been teated by Allen & Heath at all

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.