SQ Waves Integration/Latency

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ Waves Integration/Latency

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JoelKlein JoelKlein 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Flo84
    Flo84
    Participant

Hi all,

how is the latency difference managed between tracks processed with Waves plugins (on soundgrid server) and tracks directly processed by the SQ? Is there a time alignment done by the SQ or does it have to be done manually?

Bests

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

When you say tracks, I assume you mean channels. To ensure time alignment, send ALL channels through Waves Multirack, whether you have plugins on them or not, and set your latency compensation in Waves.

Profile photo of Flo84
    Flo84
    Participant

Hi Art !

You are right channels not “tracks” 😉
    I have found the fonction in the waves soundgrid rack manual.
    Thanks !

Profile photo of JoelKlein
    JoelKlein
    Participant

If I go for outboard plugins, I’m going to use the Dante with “LiveProfessor”. unless waves allow third-party plugs in their rack.

Profile photo of ianhind
    ianhind
    Participant

MultiRack SoundGrid (and native) support delay compensation.

Anything you want time aligned, put them in a group and the software will line everything up for you.

Note: I would avoid doing “everything” together as the amount some plugins take to process could add substantial amounts of latency to unnecessary channels.

Group your drums, but keep vocals separate, etc… in a live environment.

Profile photo of Flo84
    Flo84
    Participant

Hi joelklein,

I thought about the solution you propose but I do not know the latency of this set … is it realistic for live sound? in case of computer crash do you still have sound?
    Thank you all! I’m not yet familiar with the systems dante and waves …

Profile photo of JoelKlein
    JoelKlein
    Participant

Hi Flo,
    I have not tried it, PC do have their up’s and downs, I’m curious too…
    from what I’m reading online, the Dante with Live Professor is as good and probably better compared to the waves card, and way cheaper! and it’s open for all third-party plugins. it has all the pro features including delay compensation.

It is on my list to get my hands on. I want to be able to multi-track record all the channels separate for an after-event remix.
    I’m not sure the best route for this. using pro tools HD – Sorry, Pro tools “Ultimate..”would be my favorite choice, I just take along my iLoK to the event, and bring it back in studio afterward, So I have all my plugs live.thet all record, and remixing will be a breeze.

Would Pro Tools support Donta as an interface? what about Latency? I’m at step 1 now, doing research…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.