SQ V1.4 is here!

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ V1.4 is here!

This topic contains 42 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of chibb chibb 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

The wait is over. V1.4.0 is now online and it includes input ganging, new add-ons, MixPad offline and much, much more.
    Check out all the new features here: https://www.allen-heath.com/sq-v1-4/
    Make sure you read through the updated reference guide and the new MIDI Protocol document, both available from the SQ Documents pages, as well as watching through Keith’s videos as they go online later today.

Enjoy V1.4 and happy mixing!

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hi Nicola,

theres a mistake on the A&H Shop site.
    https://shop.allen-heath.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=132

“Purchased separately the total price would be $575, but buying them together gets you all five for just $319.”
    I think it´s a copy&paste error. That sentence is taken from the compressor site.

Cheers,
    André

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hi Nicola,

and could you add another known issue to the 1.4.0. release notes: Desk freezes when using a non assigned footswitch via TRS.
    This is especially tricky if you use a dual footswitch, assign only tip or ring and accidentally hit the unassigned button.

Cheers,
    André

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Andre,

This issue is now fixed in V1.4!

Thanks
    Alex

Profile photo of Phill
    Phill
    Participant

HAPPY DAYS !!!!!!!

Thanks guys !!

Profile photo of Gab
    Gab
    Participant

awesome!! the dyntrio as deep would have been nice, but all in all a great update!! finally mono matrix!

Profile photo of litti
    litti
    Participant

Good news! (but still no HPF on mix outputs)

Profile photo of ianhind
    ianhind
    Participant

Finally v1.4!

The dynamic trio’s pricing is MUCH more realistic with the current market prices of similar products.

It’s unfortunate that they only run in RackExtra FX. It would have been much more feasible to drop these into DEEP slots. For eg. De-esser in the preamp channel, DynEQ replacing the stock EQ, MultiBD replacing stock compressor.

With only 8 RackExtra FX slots, wasting an entire slot for a de-esser seems counterproductive.

Was this decision due to a lack of processing power with the FPGA?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hey @ianhind,

The SQ’s XCVI can run DEEP, but doesn’t have the DYN engine (as in dLive) that can run DYN8, so as we knew everybody wanted these add-ons, this is the way we could offer them (and yes, as they’re not DEEP, the price reflects this).

Cheers!
    Keith.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Thankyu for the update. What lasts long finally came to an good end;-)
    I have downloaded the MixPad for Windows and play currently around in the offfline mode. What I am missing is the possibilty to change the types of bothe the DEEP Plugins and the RackFX (especially for FX5-8).
    Also I did not found the patching of inserts and the configuration of the soft rotaries.
    Am I missing something?

Profile photo of PBo67
    PBo67
    Participant

Hello,
    On a SQ5.
    I have two questions :
    – Are scenes created in 1.3.2 compatible with 1.4 ?
    – Can we go back to 1.3, if too many problems ?

I have a show next week, as everything is now working well, and I use a lot of the Midi scene recall, I’m afraid to discover too many bugs.
    Yet I can not wait to try it.

Profile photo of ianhind
    ianhind
    Participant

@KeithJ A&H

Understood!

Within this limitation, would it be possible to bring just the de-esser over into a DEEP processor?

Eating up a RackExtra FX slot for a de-esser is painful as I’m sure you could understand.

Once an engineer gets multiple vocal mic’s up, you can run through all 8 slots easily on what is normally a very common tool.

The de-esser makes a lot of sense in the preamp DEEP stage, giving a user the choice of either Tube/de-esser.

Profile photo of Branimir
    Branimir
    Participant

If you need that many de-esser’s consider it inserting on a subgroup that has only vocal channels routed to.

I find it effective for corporate events, where you have multiple headsets.

Profile photo of looloosha
    looloosha
    Participant

But i wonder if that could work on a vocal sub group.. would the vocals interact weirdly with each other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Profile photo of Lozion
    Lozion
    Participant

Hi, just so I understand clearly the offline mode of the new sq mixpad version, can you recall scenes while being online (mixing) or do you need to go to offline (editing) mode to do so?

Txs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.