SQ V1.1.0

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ V1.1.0

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi All,

Firmware V1.1.0 is now available to download for registered SQ users.
    It includes the DEEP Tube Stage preamp and SQ MixPad app support amongst a host of other updates.

Head to allen-heath.com/registersq if you haven’t already registered.
    Registered users have already been sent out an email with download details.

Enjoy!
    Cheers,

Keith.

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

Is there release notes to go along with this?

I’m keeping close track of updates as I have clients waiting for their SQ6 and I want to keep them apprised.

I don’t have my SQ6 yet so I’m not registered, I’m Assuming the release notes are in the registration portal?

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Lightningman117,

The firmware comes as a .zip file with the release notes, firmware update instructions and an up to date reference guide packaged together.

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of Andy
    Andy
    Participant

Do you plan to make the release notes and the reference guide available for others as well? I’m sure, many people are interested.
    Thanks, Andy

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Yes I agree with Andy.
    I would like to read release notes etc…
    I might buy one yet 😐

Profile photo of Andy
    Andy
    Participant

I think release notes are important for all who are interested in the SQ consoles. You can’t make a decision which mixer to buy, when you don’t know about the features.

Therefore I can’t imagine, that this informations will not be available soon.

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

There is a new page for the firmware releases on the SQ6 page. It is a version behind though.

I’m assuming the portal is necessary for the future upgrades that we may or may not have to purchase???

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

I also see no reason to hide the new release from the public. But as a owner of an SQ6 I can tell everybody here that there are no hidden gems in this new release. The tube preamp and the remote app support. The rest are small changes or bug fixes here and there.
    But I hope A&H will revert their new strategy back to the one which was successful all over the years.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I don’t like that closed source thing as well
    that keeps persons who don’t own the console away from the console than can not be that good

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

I don’t understand that either right now.
    what I understand is that the DEEP PROCESSING is an extra charge for such a cheap console.
    but the release notes of the firmware versions should be visible to all potential customers and engineers.

maybe there are too many people in the development department on vacation? 😉

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

the editor and the apps should be available as well

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.