SQ USB Multitrack

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ USB Multitrack

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mark Mark 3 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JMA04O
    JMA04O
    Participant

I am trying to connect an SQ6 to a windows PC over USB-B for recordings but finding that even with the drivers downloaded, I am only getting 4 stereo input options from the desk. I have successfully tried to connect the SQ6 to logic on my macbook, but we would like to attach it to the installed PC in the room. I have tried both audacity and Reaper and not had any success. Also tried dropping the sample rate from 96 to 48. Any ideas welcome.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

This is weird.
    I use a PC with Reaper and I can record all the tracks and play all tracks.
    Did you load the driver?

Profile photo of csumi
    csumi
    Participant

Hello JMA04O,

Trying to change the drivers settings for ASIO & be OK.

Profile photo of Sound Doctor
    Sound Doctor
    Participant

I am getting the same thing only 4 pairs of channels. Used to get 32. Anyone have an answer to this?

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

You have to use the ASIO driver system on Windows when you want to use all possible channels of the SQ interface. WDM will not work. It is possible to do this for most DAWs like Reaper. But with Audacy you cannot use ASIO because this application do not support this driver model.

Profile photo of WBCStudio
    WBCStudio
    Participant

I have the SQ-5, and I use the Reaper DAW in a PC, but I am having hard time to use SQ-5 as my interface since I don’t know how to route it out. Is is possible to show me step by step how to do that? Thanks.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I have the SQ-5, and I use the Reaper DAW in a PC, but I am having hard time to use SQ-5 as my interface since I don’t know how to route it out. Is is possible to show me step by step how to do that? Thanks.

As for the USB B output go to the set up IO routing menu and under the USB tab you can select what source you want on each USB output track/channel.

Profile photo of WBCStudio
    WBCStudio
    Participant

I did that, but i still can’t record in reaper while using the SQ-5 as my interface.

Profile photo of Mark
    Mark
    Participant

I do this fairly regularly using Tie Lines to multi-track record into Reaper. I’ve made a series of training videos for my volunteers including one on this topic but using Tracks Live on the PC, but the principles are the same and the desk routing is done the same way. You can find it here: https://youtu.be/hlH2Zrn9wfE

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.