SQ to QU connections

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ to QU connections

Tagged: 

This topic contains 53 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nottooloud nottooloud 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Swell
    Swell
    Participant

I tried to make these input sharing connections (following the A&H Video link provided) by using a Qu-16 and a SQ-5.

However I was a but stumped. I was only able to access the Qu’s LR Mix output and not share the direct inputs. I know it must be something simple…. I think if anyone has gotten this to work if you could share maybe a basic spreadsheet on what you selected on each console. so that we can make the connections. At the moment the youtube Video is a little confusing as the numbers don’t exactly match up as 1 to 1, 2 to 2, etc.. instead the youtube video suggested that 1-40 = 21-60.

So on a Qu-16 this I would assume,…
    Qu ME1 = SQ Slink 21
    Qu ME2 = SQ Slink 22
    Qu ME3 = SQ Slink 23
    Qu ME4 = SQ Slink 24
    ….
    Qu ME24 = SQ Slink 44

Is that right? Thanks again guys!!

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi DJ Swell,

There is a spreadsheet showing the connections on our knowledgebase – (https://support.allen-heath.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4403618840849-General-How-to-connect-Qu-SQ).
    Hope this helps!

Keith.

Profile photo of Swell
    Swell
    Participant

Thanks Keith!

Profile photo of Gregsound1
    Gregsound1
    Participant

I can not get this tho work. I’m simply trying to use Q-pac as a stage box for the SQ6. The video doesn’t explain how to access channels from qu on SQ6. For example how do I patch mic 1 (plugged in to channel 1 of QU) on channel 1 of SQ6??

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

You cannot use a QU-pac as a stage box. It is it’s own mixer and thus is a master clock unto itself. You can’t have 2 masters on the same d or S link.

Gregsound1
    Participant

I’m not sure that that’s accurate information considering the video suggest that the audio is bidirectional between the two mixers. Could somebody from Allen & Heath please clarify this

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

yes audio is bidirectional…
    but did you configure the QU-PAC?
    It is not usable as a stagebox but it’s possible to share signals

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Believe me or not. I’m not AH but I’m a dealer. I’ve installed a bunch of systems. I think I know of what I speak.

Gregsound1
    Participant

Okay, I’m also a dealer too. That’s irrelevant. Let’s remove the word “Stagebox”. I have the qu-pac and sq6 set up exactly like the video describes. If I have microphones plugged into Qu is there a way to access them on the SQ6?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

The SQ can be made to use the Qu Clock.
    Check the video and spreadsheet Kieth’s Provided a few posts back.
    Routing is a little strange, but probably easy enough once you get you head around it.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Just to add, that the Qu will not act as a normal stage box with control via the SQ though. The gain setting, phantom and polarity(?) will need to be set on the Qu, and the channel routed to where the SQ can “find” it in the S link.

Profile photo of tomococacola
    tomococacola
    Participant

Hello everyone, I´m new to the forum. So I´m sorry if my question is out of place.
    The thing I´m trying to work along is this:

I have a sq6 as FOH + AR168 for Stagebox
    And we have an extra qu-24

If is possible to use both of then as the next example configuration: SQ6 to AR168 via CAT RJ 45 (S-link) + From AR168 send to QU24
    for SQ6 for FOH AR168 as STAGEBOX and QU24 as monitors+streaming Mixer…

Thanks

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @tomococacola ,

It is not possible to connect two consoles to one remote audio unit/stagebox.
    However, with an SLink card fitted to the SQ-6, you could run two cables (one for SQ<->Qu and one for SQ<->AB168) and make use of Tie Lines for a pretty neat setup.

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Stiller_m
    Stiller_m
    Participant

Hello everyone

I have made a connection between my SQ5 and my Q16 and I know my colleagues did with my QU-SB

We got around the patching which is to get used to.

The only “Problem” I have is that the QU system states the DSnake as not connected, we have to trust the activity LED on the DSnake port, and the SQ system states DSnake as connected…

It works though

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

I’m wishing I could do this with a GLD and a Qu. I would love to have GLD’s power and plug-ins at FOH, and Qu’s trivially easy multitrack recording sitting as a monitor desk.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.