SQ stops responding to MIDI signals from Qlab

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ stops responding to MIDI signals from Qlab

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DanielK DanielK 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DanielK
    DanielK
    Participant

Sometimes, my SQ stops responding to MIDI program change commands from QLab (running over USB). This has happened to me a few times, always working with the same show (with 8 scenes) and most of the time without any trouble.
    Yesterday afternoon: everything working OK. After soundcheck: NO MIDI control.
    Any ideas?
    Ver. 1.4.3 QLAB ver 3, Macbook Air.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

Does QLab still see the SQ MIDI ports?

Do you have any power saving settings enabled on your MacBook?

Are you using the DAW Control Driver?

Thanks
    Alex

Profile photo of DanielK
    DanielK
    Participant

Hi Alex,
    I don’t know if QLab still sees the ports, the issue occurred during showtime and I din’t have time to dig into it. Although I think QLab will report something like missing ports, like it immediately reports when files are missing. (e.g. when you pull out the USB with the sound files). I will try to look into this tomorrow.

So far I have not been able to replicate the problem, so it’s hard to find out where the problem comes from.

Power saving is disabled (i use the ‘Caffeine’ app to keep it awake at all times).

I don’t use the DAW control driver.

I was especially curious if anyone else has had this problem before. If so, it might be an SQ thing, if not, i have to try to locate the problem in qlab/hardware.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.