SQ Stereo Aux output (IEM)

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ Stereo Aux output (IEM)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of croydon_clothears croydon_clothears 1 year ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gerwin
    Gerwin
    Participant

Hello,

Perhaps strange question, but does changing an AUX output to stereo turn the single XLR into a stereo XLR?
    Thus needing a splitter cable to feed the stereosignal into a IEM transmitter

Like this

Regards,

Gerwin

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

No. Getting the output of a stereo group/aux/matrix, etc requires the use of two analog XLR outputs – one for each channel (L/R).

Profile photo of Gerwin
    Gerwin
    Participant

Ah, ok.
    That makes me confused looking at this picture (attachment).

Making AUX1 to stereo results in AUX1 and AUX2 being combined to AUX1 as stereo?

Gerwin

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Gerwin
    Gerwin
    Participant

Ah wait. I think i see now.
    The above line are the physical outputs and the left is the bus.

Profile photo of Gardacus (Mike)
    Gardacus (Mike)
    Participant

Hi Gerwin (NL I suppose?)

It will make aux 1 and 2 as an example, left and right.
    If you want to use it with e.g. a Fischer amp or a behringer powerplay p2, then you have to make or get a dual xlr to single xlr. like https://www.thomann.de/nl/fischer_amps_cable_for_in_ear_stick.htm?gclid=CjwKCAjwq-WgBhBMEiwAzKSH6G31xwai6QCzZ9u6PkjvUnZ0i9IRpB1dSwxBfw407rpoY03q2K52SRoCdY8QAvD_BwE

Although making it yourself is quite easy if you can solder, and a whole lot cheaper.
    In the attached picture you see on the AR2412, line out 1 and 2 with one of the cables I made.

Schematics:
    http://silentsky.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Behringer_P2_Cable.jpg

If you need more info, let me know.

Regards
    Mike (NL)

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

You are correct Gerwin.

When you make an Aux Stereo, it needs/uses 2 output sockets on the console (or Stagebox)

And yes, on the left you have the Aux’es etc. and on the top the output connectors.

Profile photo of croydon_clothears
    croydon_clothears
    Participant

Buy some ME-1/ME-500 personal mixers for the band to do their own personal stereo IEM mixes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.