SQ Series Madi Card

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ Series Madi Card

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tatsuya Nakamura Tatsuya Nakamura 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Amneely7
    Amneely7
    Participant

Sorry if this has already been covered elsewhere, trying to find out authoritatively if there will be a Madi card option for the SQ series? Looking to use SQ5 with UA LiveRack eventually if possible.

Profile photo of Amneely7
    Amneely7
    Participant

Am I seriously the only person who wants to know if there will be a MADI card option for SQ???

Profile photo of Zero
    Zero
    Participant

I’m with you, MADI would be cool.

Profile photo of dcarmich
    dcarmich
    Participant

Keith told me in an email: “We are looking into market demand for an SQ MADI card at present, but there is nothing planned for production at this time.”

I’m with you, having access to a UAD Live Rack with the SQ’s power and flexibility would be a great combination for both studio/live streaming and live event use.

Profile photo of Radnushgnis
    Radnushgnis
    Participant

I think this with a Dante SQ card can be an expensive workaround for now..

Profile photo of moebius
    moebius
    Participant

Focusrite are great and well known for their converters, but for pure DD conversion I´d look at less costly alternatives like ferrofish verto mx (just a converter) or rme digiface dante (also is a usb interface). Both are around 50-60% of the red box, so still costly. There may be others, those two just from the top of my head.

Profile photo of hsk
    hsk
    Participant

I would absolutely love a MADI card for the SQ to use with UAD

Profile photo of Manuel Mohino
    Manuel Mohino
    Participant

The announcement from Allen & Heath, when they released the SQ Series, that it will be compatible with the Madi and Super Madi cards was the point that convinced me to buy one.
    I am reading now “We are looking into market demand for an SQ MADI card at present, but there is nothing planned for production at this time.” and I am really disappointed.
    The Madi format is the only option for an absolute stable, reliable multichannel long distance audio connection between two (or more) locations. With only one fiber without any repetitors (as you have to use with Dante), I have been able to connect 800 meters distances between several stages and scenes.
    It is the preferred format for a lot of broadcast radio & tv trucks and large PA systems.
    The SQ Series are not broadcast consoles but can be used in lot of situations where a broadcast mixer is just too much, too big or too expensive for a secondary mix.
    Believe me, enabling the SQ series to communicate with already existing Madi configurations would open it a major market.
    Not speaking about enabling the SQ Series to replace or double a Digico mixing desk using existing Digico stage boxes for example…

Profile photo of hsk
    hsk
    Participant

Anyone have any news or updates on a possible MADI card?

Still wanting to use with a UAD Live Rack which is MADI.

Thanks

Profile photo of Manuel Mohino
    Manuel Mohino
    Participant

No news about MADI.

Still wanting to use with Direct Out Andiamo MC 32ch preamps, Crookwood Igloo 32ch preamps, and 5xRME Micstasy 8ch preamps…

Profile photo of Tatsuya Nakamura
    Tatsuya Nakamura
    Participant

I want a MADI card to SQ.
    I want to combine with EXBOX.BLDS.

https://www.directout.eu/en/products/exboxblds/

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.