SQ Scene Increment and Go

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions SQ Scene Increment and Go

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of oppentrapp oppentrapp 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ethan
    Ethan
    Participant

Would love to see a softkey option that combines incrementing to the next scene with an immediate go. Same with a softkey option that decrements to the previous scene combined with an immediate go.

We have several less than expert musicians who would like to remain on the processing screen. With a single softkey button push they would like to be able to increment to the next scene to change FX, I/O patch and other scene related settings and immediately GO to the new scene without having to press another softkey, or temporarily leave the processing screen for the scene screen. Similarly, another softkey button push would go to the previous scene and do an immediate go.

The benefit is that this simplifies SQ operation for operators who are not particularly skilled or experienced by reducing the navigational keystrokes needed for scene operations, thus making scene changes happen faster.

As scene increment, decrement and go functions already exist and are assignable to softkeys, I can only guess that combining the functions and adding the combined functions to the list of available softkey assignment options might not be too hard.

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

+1 to this, as it is one of the features I miss as well esp. for smaller musicals/theater plays.

Profile photo of PBo67
    PBo67
    Participant

There is an option where it is possible to increment/decrement scene and an immediate Go. Look better on second option of the soft key.

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

Increment Go found (missed my console had booted on the second firmware, and thus gone back to 1.2 instead of 1.3.2

Decrement Go is still missing though, as a one-button possibility.
    (yes I can use one button for decrement/previous scene, and another for Go, but that is still two buttons for one action)

Profile photo of oppentrapp
    oppentrapp
    Participant

+1
    This, a De-esser, and sending midi notes on scene recall to trigger Qlab is all I need to stop bringing a Soundcraft Vi to the theatre. Really hope this is in place by October or else Soundcraft wins this Christmas too

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.