SQ remote with windows tablet

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ remote with windows tablet

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of boota boota 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rober
    Rober
    Participant

hi, can I control SQ6 mixer remotely with a windows tablet, surface pro 6, since this a tablet PC, what I have to download to do it? is there any software for a pc to be able to control the mixer? thanks.

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

Not yet.

Profile photo of titoen
    titoen
    Participant

If you can install BlueStacks then you can emulate Andriod and install the Apss.

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

I must say, that’s brilliant!!

Profile photo of Rober
    Rober
    Participant

Thanks titoen, I already try blustacks, my computer can see my mixer, but when I try to connect it’ll tell me that “couldn’t open a connection to the unit “. Am I doing something wrong? Do you have an idea what could be the problem?

Profile photo of Rober
    Rober
    Participant

Well! I tried several android emulators but it didn’t work! I keep getting the same “failed” message. I guess SQ mixPad is designed to work only with those devices, iPad and android.
    I’ll keep using my iPad anyway, is just that I really like the size shape and resolution of my surface pro better:)

I hope Allen & heat come up with an app or software for hybrid laptops too in the future.

Thanks for the advice.

Profile photo of titoen
    titoen
    Participant

Well in the FB page, the creator of Mix Station QU, stated. So i stand corrected on using an emulator 🙁

“An Android Emulator will not work since the protocol needs to know the source udp port where the apps is sending from. In an Emulator the host OS does not report this parameter correctly, therefore the app doesn’t connect. “

Profile photo of JeroenAudio
    JeroenAudio
    Participant

Has any of you worked with both an iPad and a Windows tablet on the SQ (not simultaneously)? I’m about to buy another tablet. Normally I would have bought a new iPad, but from a price perspective the Microsoft Surface seems attractive as well.

Do both tablets and apps offer the same user experience in your view?

Profile photo of boota
    boota
    Participant

I think it should be fine. I think the limit is 2 concurrent sessions of mixpad.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.