SQ record enable DAW control?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ record enable DAW control?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Forest
    Forest
    Participant

Is there a way to set up a soft key, “soft key + Select” combination as a record enable button to be able to select channels in a DAW when multi tracking?

I use Logic Pro and Ableton and have Allen and Heath Midi Control working fine but haven’t been able to figure out how to map functions that aren’t in the drop down menus on the Soft Keys. As suggested by Allen and Heath, I use Mackie Control as a Midi protocol.

Thanks in Advance for any suggestions or guidance,
    Forest

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@forest

DAW Control uses the A&H MIDI Control app and MIDI channel 2 by default, though always the MIDI channel of the mixer itself plus 1.

With your setup that’s working with Mackie Control then, you are using virtual MIDI ports created by the app and MIDI Channel 2.
    The available controls for this DAW Control setup are:
    – Channel Strips (Mute/Select/Solo/Fader)
    – ‘Utility > General > MIDI’ screen (MMC transport)
    – SoftKeys (Bank Up and Down/MMC transport)

However, in addition to the DAW Control setup you have, you can use the direct MIDI over USB from the SQ and make use of the MIDI Soft Control options.
    – SoftKey Note On/Off
    – SoftKey Program Change
    – SoftRotary CC Absolute
    – SoftRotary CC Relative
    – SoftRotary Program Change

Although these are on different MIDI ports, it’ll be best to use different MIDI channels on these to that which you’re using for DAW Control and the mixer, as it’ll be easier to spot and filter messages later.
    Other than that, you can set them to whatever you like.
    Then in Logic and Ableton, there are ‘learn’ functions which can pick up these messages and assign them to functions. I’m not sure if you can do exactly what you’re asking here with Logic or Live, but perhaps somebody else here or Ableton/Apple support can assist.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.