sq ravenna card

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions sq ravenna card

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tourtelot tourtelot 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rox-ale
    rox-ale
    Participant

In the mixer of the sq series, it would be interesting to have a card for the Ravenna protocol, like the one already there for Dante. What do you think?
    We hope they will implement one in the future

Alessio

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Alessio,

The SQ Dante card can send and receive AES67 flows. If your Ravenna device has an AES67 profile, you should be able to send/receive audio using the Dante card.

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

I have attempted to get Ravenna into my SQ6 over AES67. It works but it is cumbersome to say the least and not ready for prime time in a professional environment. My short experience with a Hapi, SQ6 and Anemon was, to be kind, a nightmare. I have not thought of implementing AES67 as a viable solution since my experiment. Maybe someday.

D.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I have attempted to get Ravenna into my SQ6 over AES67

when do you did this?
    Audinate introduced minor improvements on AES67 in the last few updates… maybe it’s worth another try

tourtelot
    Participant

I’ll look into trying it again. Thanks.

D.

tourtelot
    Participant

Still, the problem for me is that sample rates are confirmed capped at 24/48 according to the techs at Audinate. That makes adding any Merging hardware to my Dante rig a non-starter.

D.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.