SQ – QU16 issue

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ – QU16 issue

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris - Fulford Arms Chris – Fulford Arms 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Apologies if this is sorted elsewhere…

We have upgraded to an SQ6 from a QU16 this year.
    After following the video on how to set up the two consoles to talk to each other I can get audio from the qu to pass to the SQ (on the slink channels 21+)

But the QU doesn’t seem to be able to receive any audio from the SQ. On the Qu it says “dsnake not connected”

As far as im aware ive followed all the right steps but wondered if i was missing something. Or if this option is not possible?

i’d like to use the qu for a livestream mix if at all possible rather than going down the dante route if i can.
    Any advice would be very helpful on what i might be doing wrong.

Cheers
    Chris
    Fulford Arms Music Venue
    York

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Chris,

The Qu was only ever intended to work with a connection to a remote audio unit and not another system, therefore, although we were able to allow the SQ to ‘discover’ a Qu, the Qu cannot discover (see) the SQ.

If you have followed the video and patching information here – https://support.allen-heath.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/1188 – and ensured you have sync’d the SQ to the Qu however, then you should be good to go.
    The Qu will show ‘N/C’ for it’s dSnake inputs, but if you send audio from the SQ (using the SigGen for example), you should find it appears at the Qu.

If it’s still not working though, please contact us using https://support.allen-heath.com and we’ll figure it out with you.

Thanks!
    Keith.

Thanks for the reply keith.

i just did a re install of the latest firmware and it seems to have burst into life and work like you have explained. I get why it says “N/C” now too thanks for clearing that up.

Cheers for the quick response.

Chris

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.