SQ Preamps & AB/DX/DT Stage Boxes

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ Preamps & AB/DX/DT Stage Boxes

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hugh Hugh 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pfcbenjamin
    pfcbenjamin
    Participant

I’m wondering if the preamps in the stageboxes are the same ones as in the SQ? If so, are all the stagebox preamps the same as SQ or only certain models?

Thanks!

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@pfcbenjamin

Some of our preamps are the same and some are slightly different.

Qu (local) – Only found in the Qu, 48kHz conversion
    AB/AR – Originally for the GLD and Qu ranges, 48kHz conversion
    SQ (local) – Only found in the SQ, 96kHz conversion
    GX/DX/DT – dLive preamps, 96kHz conversion (DT units are DX units with a Dante interface)
    PRIME (in DX32) – Our ‘ultimate’ preamp, both in analogue front end and conversion, 96kHz

So there are no preamps which are exactly the same as those in the SQ.

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of pfcbenjamin
    pfcbenjamin
    Participant

Thank you, Keith!

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

I am a long term user of an SQ5 and I have a DX168 as well as a DX32 loaded with prime I/Os. With out question the d-live pres in my DX168 are a significant improvement over the SQ5’s internal pres: but the Prime I/Os offer world class detail and transparency that is truly unique and absolutely worth the considerable investment required for some acoustic instrument and vocal performers. For most “hot backline” pop performers the D-Live pres are a more appropriate fit.
    The bottom line is the DX expansion stage boxes will expand clean FOH and wedge monitoring. The ability to raise DB levels in both is driven by several factors that are beyond my pay grade but clearly that is the net result in real world performance. I have a new web site that features a video with three selections recorded with tube mics and the prime I/Os.
    <hughshousestudio.com>
    Hugh

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.