SQ offline editor?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions SQ offline editor?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of wåb
    wåb
    Participant

What’s the scoop with the offline editor for the SQ7?
    Very disappointed in Allen & Heath. This is something that needs to get rectified soon. I’m starting to regret selling my M32. I spent a good deal of money changing out consoles i.e. DX168’s,Dante’,Deep processing, but yet I have to be at the console with the remote pre’s attached just to pre program a show. LAME!

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

The offline editor is called mixpad.

Available for mac and pc.

SQ Software

Richard

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @gdwab,

Please let us know why you are disappointed, and what it is that you feel needs to be rectified so we can note it.

From this post, I’m inferring that the inability to set gains on a non-connected preamp is your issue, so what I can let you know is that we will be looking at adding offline preamp control in the future.
    In the meantime, you are able to pull a show with your standard setup, then when offline, save multiple scenes with different settings that would be those most likely to change from scene to scene (i.e. EQ, mutes, names and colours).

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of wåb
    wåb
    Participant

Thanks, That helps! Excuse my tone, it’s been frustrating.
    Can you give me some enlightenment as to why when I’m setting up layers for some shows some are mirroring each other.
    I’m doing some corporate shows that have the usual talking head stuff with wireless lavs and comp and video playbacks, plus a band sometimes.
    So I set up layer A and B for the talking head stuff, Layer C is Masters and Auxes and so on.
    Layer D is blank Layer E and F are set up for the band.
    I’m using Dante’ for the wireless, DX168 for Video Village and system outs, and Local in’s for the band.
    When laying out the channel strips I’m having an issue with layer A and layer E and layer B and F mirrioring each other. I make a change on a channelon layer A (like a label or color) and it makes the same change to layer E and so on????? I’m stumped. I don’t run into that with a Cl-5 or Ql-5 or Sd consoles.
    Could be that I’m Just new to the Allen and Heath mind set.
    Welcome your help!!!
    Thanks,
    Wab

Profile photo of JeroenAudio
    JeroenAudio
    Participant

Hi Wab,

Just to be sure: have you checked on the strip assign page wether you have accidentally assigned the same input channels to layer A and E and B and F? Or are there other Ip numbers/input names visible?
    And have you checked on the I/O page weather you have patched all input channels from the right input sockets (local, Slink and I/O port (for your Dante card)) and didn’t accidentally overwrite already assigned input channels from previous tabs? Each Ip can be assigned only once (I made that mistake myself in the heat of the moment once).

Best regards,

Jeroen

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Wab,

No need to be excused, if you’re getting frustrated, it’s up to us to make sure you’re not!

As Jeroen says, it sounds as though you have the same channels on the different layers.
    There are 48 input processing channels in the SQ, which you can patch signal to from any of the sources you mention. All the naming/colours, routing and processing ‘belong’ to the input channel rather than the input source.
    These input processing channels can then be freely assigned to channel strips on the SQ, or indeed in SQ-MixPad. In the extremes, you could hide them by not assigning them to a channel strip, or assign the same channel to every single channel strip on every layer. However, the 48 input channels always exist in the core, whether you can see them or not…

You mention the A&H mindset – so a few terms we use for the digital desks that might help:
    Socket: Any input source or output destination. Can include local preamps, local line outputs, remote preamps/outputs, digital I/O (i.e. USB or Dante).
    Input channel: A channel that has one source and a set of processing, that can be sent to a mix.
    Mix channel: A channel destination which includes processing and summing. The mix channels on SQ are Groups/Auxes/LR and Matrices.
    Mix bus: A channel destination with summing. All Mix channels are busses, but not all busses are mix channels 🙂 non-mix channel busses on the SQ include FX sends and PAFL.
    Channel strip: Somewhere a channel can be assigned to for control. On the SQ, this comprises a fader, Mute/Sel/PAFL keys, the channel name LCD screen and channel metering.

Of course, if you have any questions, you can contact us using support.allen-heath.com at any time and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.