SQ Network Control Dropping

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ Network Control Dropping

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Senny Senny 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Senny
    Senny
    Participant

Sent my SQ for repair after some buttons stopped responding.
    Came back about a month ago but ever since have been having issues with network connectivity.
    Currently set on Static IP, but happens with DHCP enabled too.

Mixpad works fine for about two or three minutes after boot, but then drops out after that.
    I’ve tested/swapped all my cables and no change.
    Seems like the entire network interface drops out but it shows fine on the switch side. Unplugging and replugging shows all the right notifications on the switch side but doesn’t reset the connection.
    Doesn’t take an IP if I swap to DHCP after it’s dropped out on Static.

Firmware is 1.4.3
    Issue has been occuring since 1.4.1 and I’ve flashed 1.4.3 twice.

Halp pls.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

to less information to provide help
    wich devices are involved and how is your dhcp setup?

Profile photo of Senny
    Senny
    Participant

Devices: SQ6 connected to Cisco SG350X-48 access switch which is connected to a Cisco SG350XG-24F core switch acting as the DHCP server.
    Mixpad is connected via Unifi AP but that’s besides the point. Even when pinging the SQ6 from a wired device on the same switch I can see the SQ6 just drop off.

I’ve verified that there’s no IP address conflict with the static address and all DHCP devices on the same switch & VLAN take their DHCP allocation with absolutely no issues.

Profile photo of Senny
    Senny
    Participant

See attached for snip of ping -t

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

so on wich device is Mixpad running?
    is the SQ working normally without network connection?
    Can you try to setup a network connection with only SQ and a PC running Mixpad?

Profile photo of Senny
    Senny
    Participant

Consider this issue closed until further notice.
    Seems like one cable was just broken enough to register as functional on the switch end, but drop packets like crazy.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

I was running a Fortinet WAP and router for small business which was around the $1,000 US mark, and I often got drops using this setup with an iPad. I switched the router/WAP to an Apple AirPort Extreme and have had zero drops since.

iPads seem to like the Apple routers better for some reason.

I’m not sure if this applies in your case, but I wanted to put this out there.

Profile photo of Senny
    Senny
    Participant

It worked for a night and now it shows in the Mixpad app, but doesn’t connect.
    I’ve attached the logs for a ping -t for both static and DHCP configurations with both showing similar results.

Attachments:
    Profile photo of Senny
    Senny
    Participant

I am indeed going through a Fortinet 100E as the main router/gateway, but the APs (Unifi AP-HD) meet the AV network (Cisco SG350X) before that with no routing needed.
    I’m mainly annoyed because I had absolutely no issues for 6 months on the same network and then the SQ6 comes back from a button repair with this.

Profile photo of Senny
    Senny
    Participant

re-flashed the firmware after redownloading it (this would be the third or fourth time now) and got it stable again.

between switching from DHCP to static, had to reboot the mixer.

Attachments:
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.