SQ Multiband compressor

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ Multiband compressor

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andrien Andrien 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andrien
    Andrien
    Participant

Hi, is there no multiband compressor in SQ? I just moved from GLD to SQ and can’t find multiband compressor in FX library

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

No, it’s not there yet. SQ is not as fully developed as GLD, yet.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

The multiband compressor, for lack of newer and confirmed details, is only in the “We’ll tell the devs about your wish” stage. So nobody officially knows if there will be a multiband compressor for SQ. Well, it would be a stupid decision not to. It’s available on dLive, which uses the same processing, AND competitors in the SQs price range have that too. OTOH the competition has DCA rollout/spill too, but the request for that was turned down AFAIK. So we’ll have to wait.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I used to use MBC a lot in CD mastering. I never felt the need to do it on individual channels. I tried it on the GLD. I couldn’t get the same sound I remembered from mastering so I just quit trying. Can’t say as I miss it. Lot of other things more important but everyone has their favorite item on the wish list.

Profile photo of Andrien
    Andrien
    Participant

Well then, I hope it does appears in future firmware (at least as DEEP processing). It is a useful tool to fix wild channels especially on cases where I’m not behind the board (someone else mixing). A bit sad knowing that Behringer X series and Yamaha TF series has it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.