SQ-mixpad fails to operate on Amazon Fire

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ-mixpad fails to operate on Amazon Fire

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rob Kampen Rob Kampen 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rob Kampen
    Rob Kampen
    Participant

Just purchased one of the 2017 Amazon Fire HD8, side loaded the Google play store and loaded v1.4 of mixpad. It begins to load, screen goes landscape and then abends.
    No messages, no idea how to trouble shoot further.
    The SQ4you works just fine, as does the x32 app.
    Any ideas?

Profile photo of JohnOC
    JohnOC
    Participant

Gosh – I haven’t heard of an “Abend” since my IBM days back in the 80s and 90s.
    (sorry O/T I know but couldn’t miss it).

Profile photo of jdugger
    jdugger
    Participant

Gosh – I haven’t heard of an “Abend” since my IBM days back in the 80s and 90s.

No kidding! He could have at least given us a core dump.

Profile photo of Gogos
    Gogos
    Participant

Hi Rob,

the topic has already been mentioned here. => https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/sq-app-for-android-crashing-on-start
    The official answer to this problem is waiting for update. 🙁
    Or we have to buy with every update a new device ! It’s just unbelievable …… what an annoyance !!!

Rob Kampen
    Participant

Thanks for the link to the other mention of this problem – search engines didn’t help me. Heartened that it is not just my Fire HD8 – only a 2 year old design but brand new purchase for me for this sole purpose, to control an SQ6 – very cost effective @ NZ$99, only to find it crashes the app – thought it was unique to me.
    I would expect support for 5 years before it becomes redundant.

Sorry for the old term abend, guess it reveals my roots and age. I still run old hardware for many tasks, linux is much more friendly in this space, My experience with android is mixed, but unwilling to pay the Apple tax, so will persevere.

Kinda hope that A-H does better testing before they release their app provider’s clearly inferior product development life-cycle product. Would be nice to get an estimated ETA – one month, a year …?

Also somewhat disappointed that a premium product company like A-H allows this to occur with little feedback or apology. I have never had these issues with the multiple sites where I run X32 gear (5+ years and many updates now under my belt).

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

Also somewhat disappointed that a premium product company like A-H allows this to occur with little feedback or apology. I have never had these issues with the multiple sites where I run X32 gear (5+ years and many updates now under my belt).

So you’re blaming A&H for an issue on a tablet that you hacked? (Google store does not run natively on the FireHD. I have one and did the hack, too, to make that work.)

Rob Kampen
    Participant

Yes Art I am.
    You may not realize but this version of SQ-mixpad also fails on some stock standard tablets, namely a big brand label like Samsung.
    Aparently earlier versions work fine, as does the SQ4you, just this particular version, in some Android devices.
    As mentioned, my other mixer apps all manage to work fine on this side loaded, (not hacked) device, that’s why I use Android.

Profile photo of Gogos
    Gogos
    Participant

Hi guys,

with the new update for the Mixpad app, the Fire’s “burn” nice again and work correct! 🙂

Rob Kampen
    Participant

Yes! loaded it today and all behaving as expected. Awesome A&H thanks for getting this done.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.