SQ MixPad app 1.2.2 still available?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ MixPad app 1.2.2 still available?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of lightingman117 lightingman117 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

I’m in a situation where I’ve updated the MixPad app on my iPad to 1.3 but will be mixing on a venue’s SQ 5 that is running firmware version 1.2.2. Updating the console firmware to 1.3 is not an option.
    Is there any way to download and install MixPad 1.2.2 on my iPad?

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

No.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

I didn’t think so, but I had to ask in case someone on the forum figured out a way to do that.

Profile photo of Sebastien
    Sebastien
    Participant

It’s possible if you have a backup of the ipad done through iTunes, before upgrading to 1.3, with of course, the old version (1.2.2) of sq mix app installed.
    A backup of the ipa is done during backup.
    If you are in this case, be sure to remove the v1.3 sq app, connect on itunes and click install app !

Profile photo of chibb
    chibb
    Participant

Hi guys, if Allen and heath were prepared to host the APK files for the app this would work for Android devices, I’m not sure what the equivalent is for iOS, but it would mean that you’d have to tick the “allow untrusted sources” setting

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@chibbertgmail-com ,

Unfortunately this is not possible, as it bypasses the legal agreements provided by the play store.
    As Sebastien says, the way to load an older version of SQ-MixPad is from a backup, we provide the most recent revision of the app. This is also why we recommend turning off automatic updates for your mobile device, as then you can choose to update at the same time as updating the firmware of the console itself.

Keith.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.