SQ Mix Pad Connection Loss

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ Mix Pad Connection Loss

This topic contains 25 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of via via 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Audionimus
    Audionimus
    Participant

Greetings dear SQ Owners.

Iam searching for support to connect the SQ6 Via TPLINKAC750 WiFi Router to my IPad2018.

SQMixPad does connect as it is expected to the SQ6, but every Minute or two it disconnects with the message “Connection Lost”.
    Iam Sitting directly in front of the Router.
    In order to troubleshoot, I have tried to set the router to 5Ghz/2,4Ghz, change it to different Wifi Channels.

Maybe some of you had experienced same Issues, or has an idea what I can do to fix it.

Thank you for your Help in Advance!
    If more Information is needed I will provide them.

p.s: Never had a Issue with the Router connection via App to a dest. SQ6 is the first one ..

best Daniel

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

Please start a ticket at support.allen-heath.com and I will look into this further with you.

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of Audionimus
    Audionimus
    Participant

Hi Alex!

Thank you for your quick answer!

Sadly I cannot make an Ticket because the site refuses.
    It says “Privacy Policy Required” even tho there is no Checkbox.
    Tried it on different Devices. No Checkbox found :/

Best regards

Daniel

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

Could you try emailing support@allen-heath.com instead? I’ll find out what is happening with the site as it seems to be working okay for me.

Thanks

Alex

Profile photo of JoelKlein
    JoelKlein
    Participant

Same issues.
    I just bought the SQ5, an Ipad 2018 and an AD7000-Nighthawk X10 Smart WiFi Router.
    Setting it up in one room for testing, the iPad keeps on losing connection! I’m getting “Connection Lost”.
    It is very not stable!

I did send an email to support. hope they reply quick!

JoelKlein
    Participant

Anyone else with this issue?

Profile photo of julius
    julius
    Participant

Hi there,

Directly after the update everything worked like a charm. Unfortunately today it started to have weird issues, not finding the device in the App, then connection lost, up to a freezed SQ6 until the app disconnected…

JoelKlein
    Participant

I used a Router flashed to open source Advanced Tomato. working like a swiss clock now

Profile photo of Bofrost_Mann
    Bofrost_Mann
    Participant

Hi,

I had the same issue at my SQ5 today. I’m using the same TP-Link Nano Router for years now, first at a Qu-16 and after changing to SQ5 I still took these router. And never I had any problems with it until today, the first time I used my SQ5 live after installing firmware v1.3.

Connection lost even after a very few minutes.

Profile photo of chibb
    chibb
    Participant

I’m having similar issues too right now. I’ll be taken A&He’s advice if moving the wireless router closer to where I use mixpad. This has also been causing or sq5 to freeze when mixpad or sq4you losses connection, on this point A&H have said this is a known issue in v1.3.0 that they are working on, a suggested work around is to disconnect the Ethernet from the desk when this happens and it should un freeze. I’ll test this tonight and report back here.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@chibbertgmail-com ,

To clarify, this is not an issue with V1.3.0, it is due to one (or more) wireless connections that are failing or on the edge of connection/range.
    As people have pointed out, by using a powerful enough router for the situation there are no issues.

We cannot change users wireless systems, or insist on use of a specific router, so what we’re looking into is whether we can do something in firmware to improve the way these bad connections are handled.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Gordon Lamb
    Gordon Lamb
    Participant

Dear Keith,

I would like to suggest that it’s not necessarily down to the wifi router.

At the church which I attend we have a very nice Brand new Sq7 32 fader mixer.

On my personal iPad I have the current app V1.3.0 and it drops out regularly (I have current IOS and no other apps running while using the mixer app). On the church iPad we have the same software. Both devices drop out. At the moment the SQ7 is on a fixed IP (until the tech team manage to get in to the router and sort out the DHCP reservation for the new desk).

I am fairly sure it’s the desk / iPad software, as the same router (Asus black knight – can’t remember the exact model number) worked fine with our old Soundcraft desk, and the loan A&H Qu series desk with minimal drop outs. It will drop out when I am sitting at the console with the router < 5 m away or when I am doing setup < 30 M away line of sight with the router.

I had two iPads connected (during a practice a week or so ago) and it crashed the desk completely. Sound came out but all controls stopped responding. A hard power off was the only way to get the desk back up and running.

The only thing I’ve not managed to look into is the ipad locking the screen. Also we have user profiles on the mixer so I don;t know if that may contribute to the problem.

Regards

Gordon

Profile photo of Gogos
    Gogos
    Participant

Hi Gordon Lamb,

i had the same Problem with android tablet´s…… (read down link)

SQ 5 FROZEN DURING LIVE !!! 🙁

No Connection anymore and control for the SQ was freeze. Disconnect the router + tablet´s from the Mixer doesn´t help, still no response. Only turn on/off after the live-show the SQ works again. I have buy a new Router and work now with 5 Ghz. Last Live was all ok….hope the next Shows too. 😉

All start´s with V.1.3. before no problems. I hope with the next update A&H will manage this bug…..??

Gogos

Profile photo of chibb
    chibb
    Participant

I’ve raised a ticked with A&H support about this too.

Even with very good WIFI signal there seem to be connection lost / desk freezing issues that seem to occur even with a very good WIFI signal. Their suggestion of removing the network cable to unfreeze the desk also didn’t work for me.

For some reason, and it makes no logical sense to me, the connection lost/desk freezing problems reduced after I set a static IP on the desk and updated the DHCP range of addresses assigned by the WIFI router.

Profile photo of Bofrost_Mann
    Bofrost_Mann
    Participant

Dear Keith,

I’m shure that my problem is caused by v1.3.0. I’m working with the same router and no setting changes on it since about 4 years on QU-system an never had any connection trouble. When I went to SQ this year, I only connected the working router to the new console and it worked without any problems till I updated to 1.3.0.

What did you change in this firmware release?
    Please give fast help to us or just rerelease a MixPad-App für v2.2.1! – I’ve a lot of jobs to do in the next weeks and I really need the App vor some shows!

Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.