SQ Live & in Colour

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ Live & in Colour

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mfk0815 Mfk0815 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hi guys and girls, 

last week I had the pleasure of doing 5 gigs in one week! What a nice break from the covid down…
    In this video I´ll show you my stageplot for one of those nights, how it looked in real live and some liveclips of the band. 

And many thanks again to the one and only Keith Johnson for providing lightning quick personal support!

Have fun, enjoy and please stay save!
    SQ Live & in colour

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Wow, 5 gigs is great! Maybe we’re starting to see a move in a good direction.

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hi Scott,

I am really really lucky to be the guy who gets a call, if there are rock/pop/jazz exams in our university of music&theatre. But I can tell you, we are also far from normal. The students are required to get testet every 2 days and nobody besides the fellow students are allowed to attend the concerts in person. Masks everywhere except the stage. And hand sanitizers at every door. Plus: the corona situation here in Rostock (which is the most northern part of east germany) is really relaxed compared to the rest of germany or even europe.
    I hope everybody gets vaccinated asap and we all can get back to mixing to a real, loud singing audience!

Cheers,
    André

Profile photo of JeroenAudio
    JeroenAudio
    Participant

Hi Andre,

I noticed that you used both an AR2412 as well as an analog multicore at the same time.
    Have you experienced any latency issues?

Best regards,

Jeroen

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Well done. Is that 5 separate venues?
    NZdave

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hi @jeroenaudio,
    no, I didn´t notice any latency. Otoh, I also did not send 2 similar/identical signals through those two audio paths, which would have made a latency problem more obvious, like the left side of a piano via the AR2412 and the right side via analog snake….

Cheers,
    André

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hello @xyz,

thank god, it was the same location. And I could talk to all artists in advance, to convince them to change as little as possible. In the end the grand piano was always stageleft, the drums always center, etc.
    Nevertheless, a lot of planning in advance, but well worth it.

Cheers,
    André

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

As for the 2412 latency compared to local input latency like Andre said the same input source split between the 2412 and local input and summed together at the mixer would make any latency issue stand out as hearing some phase artifacts, maybe kind of like when having two routing paths of a channel to the main buss.

At 96k the SQ only has like .7ms from local input to main output, I’m going to guess
    with the 48k stage box there would be an additional .7ms…give or take.

Nice behind the scenes production video.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

There is a extra latency with the GLD Stageboxes because a sample rate conversion is needet from the 48 kHz of the stageboxes to the internal 96 kHz of the SQ.

Btw: Andre, I thought that „east germany“ do not exist any more since the 90th. 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.