SQ Light

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jakethepeg
    jakethepeg
    Participant

Probably a dumb question (I’m sure A&H would have got this right), but how do users find the light strip along the top when using the desk in a dark room? Does it light the desk enough to read labels etc?

Thanks, Jake

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

The light bar has brightness and wht <-> blu balance.

Playing with it in my house; I think it will be fine for users with good eyes on the blue tinge setting, the white will be better for those with worse eyes.

It is EXTREMELY well designed how the light hits all the parts from such a low angle and yields great results.

That said, some might prefer a desk lamp.

I suggest this one for its price.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M1KDTO7/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of jakethepeg
    jakethepeg
    Participant

Thanks for replying, it kind of looked too good to be true, hence my question.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I’m very disappointed they left off the usual lamp socket. I don’t think the lower part of the console is lit enough for a dark room. I will have to add a separate desk lamp.
    Big oversight.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

so i’ve worked with it before in dark rooms.
    the illumination wasn’t as good as with dLive, but i got along well with the lighting.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

If you’ve ever used the AH gooseneck light with GLD or QU consoles then you know what I’m referring to. Need that top lighting for us old guys.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

I sometimes use the A&H desk lamp with a Qu16.
    I never liked that light, not even at iLive.
    that’s why i provided my iLive with a horizontal light strip at that time.

but here we are in the personal comfort zone 😉 if you prefer gooseneck lamps, then I can’t help it. 😉

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Well my point was the SQ lights don’t really do much on the lower fader section. Ok for the top. Just don’t understand why that was omitted but then I wonder why password security was too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.