SQ – Insert / shifting inputs

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ – Insert / shifting inputs

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BarnabY BarnabY 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BarnabY
    BarnabY
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to know how one could easily add / Insert / shifting an entry. Allen & Heath told me that it was not possible to do this. I wanted to know how you would do this ?

Here an example :

In input 1 to 8 I have drums (so conservative isn’t it? 😀 ) and then I have: 9 – Bass, 10 – guitar, 11 Piano 12 Brass 13 to 15 3 Voices.

I want to add a 2nd guitar ==> the easiest way to do this would be to insert a 2nd guitar into input 11 in order to respect a logical order with the input list, in the stagebox and into the console.

How would you do that ?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

It really does not matter what input you would use for say a last minute guitar
    input as the inputs are freely assignable to any channel on the SQ.
    You would put that channel in the layer where you physically want it to be.

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

I usually use a free input, then rearrange the faderstrips on the console (in the setup / strip assign)

Profile photo of BarnabY
    BarnabY
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.

Of course, for last minute input I can use a new input and freely put them where i want. I also have planned to use some spare input to deal with new entries.

My original message was in the case I want to reorganized my I/P patching while following my input list. For exemple : you want to add extra mic on your drum. On the SQ the new bottom snare mic will be my input 25 (for exemple) – can be confusing.

It would be simpler to have a possibility to insert a new entry and move all the others to keep the order consistent.

I know that the SQ offers a lot of freedom in the organisation of the layers. However, there is still a logical order in the entries for meters, patching, strip assign.

Profile photo of Dave Meadowcroft
    Dave Meadowcroft
    Participant

In SQ4You the order is also the order of the inputs and don’t follow the desk layers so to be user friendly for IEM users it’s important that they are logical so it’s not an unreasonable expectation… but currently it’s not possible. Perhaps pop this in the feature suggestions section?

Profile photo of BarnabY
    BarnabY
    Participant

Here, an answer from A&h :

There is no automatic way to do this in the SQ. You could do this by using a combination of input channel libraries and manually storing/recalling the channels to move them. But this will only store and recall the processing settings for the channel and not the routing.

This feature was requested previously and has been looked at by the developers. Unfortunately, due to the risks this feature would introduce it was found not possible to implement. If you have any suggestions for an alternative that may work for you, please let me know!

I hoppe we’ll find a workaround.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.