SQ Gate Glitch

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ Gate Glitch

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DaveH DaveH 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DaveH
    DaveH
    Participant

I was running a show last night, and noticed my gate on the kick channel was glitching. Gate and metering showed closed, when in fact it was passing audio. Even when I turned the threshold all the way up, it was still allowing audio to pass. I was having massive feedback issues because of it.

Gates on all my other drumm channels were working properly.

The show was recalled from last time I ran the band. Last time I ran them, gate on kick channel worked fine.

I have had this issue from time to time with different show recalls, and have never been able to figure it out.

Any suggestions?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@daveh

Could you send us a copy of the show using support.allen-heath.com please?
    It would also be good to know about how the show has been stored/transferred and whether there’s any way it could have become corrupted.

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

It sounds like the input that the kick is on, may be the input source to more than just your kick channel.

Go to the meters page, and then apply some input to the kick channel with the channel muted. See if you see that input in multiple places on the meters.

Next unmute the channel and look at the outputs. See if it’s routed anywhere that you don’t expect it to be, and check the pick points for those mixes, and verify that the ones that are post preamp (pre-gate) are not somehow making it to your FOH. Especially if you are using a matrix to drive your FOH.

Profile photo of DaveH
    DaveH
    Participant

Im running subs on an aux, and I have determined that the gate is not being sent to the sub mix.

I have tried to resolve the issue, but I’m unsure why it’s happening.

Keith, should 8nforward the show file to you?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Im running subs on an aux, and I have determined that the gate is not being sent to the sub mix.

I have tried to resolve the issue, but I’m unsure why it’s happening.

You would want the sub aux to be “post fade” and the channel pick off point to be “post all”

Profile photo of DaveH
    DaveH
    Participant

I will try that, because I believe the channel tap off is set to post-pre.

Thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.