SQ FOH + Monitoring setup? SQ-Rack?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ FOH + Monitoring setup? SQ-Rack?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Patricio Patricio 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of alli
    alli
    Participant

Dear Community, been searching for a solution…

I’m working as a FOH-Mixer (SQ5 + AR2412) with several bands, mostly doing IEM-mixes as well. I do tour-preparation-rehearsals with own mics (20-30 Inputs), setup the IEM-Mixes until everybody’s happy. Doing shows with the same setup – so far so nice. Now when the band is going back rehearsing without me they’re missing their InEar-Mixes! What to do?
    Obviously the band needs their own IEM mixer for stage + rehearsal room.

A nice scenario would be a rack-version of the SQ built in a stagerack together with InEar-senders doing all their monitor-mixes.
    One option could be the Mackie DL32R + Dante card on stage. But I would prefer to use DX Stageboxes and also leave my SQ5 slot free for Waves Soundgrid card…

Would love to hear your ideas!
    Greetings from germany, Alex

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

SQ-5 on monitors with S-Link card
    this can split to your SQ @ FOH via S-Link

Profile photo of alli
    alli
    Participant

Hey Steffen, youre right. This could be a way!
    But where to put the Mixer on Stage ? A faderless version in a rack would be more practical.

Profile photo of Patricio
    Patricio
    Participant

Would the Qu-SB not be suitable for this, w/ an S-Link out from your SQ5?

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

QU-SB, if connected to SQ-5, cannot be further connected to a stage box, either AR or DX. It might work as a rehearsal mixer, but it’s outputs and inputs are limited, and I think the OP is looking a solution for both rehearsal and stage.

I am IEM mixer person and band member. We want saved AUX scenes in one mixer format. SQ latency is also better, which “may” be a factor for some IEM users.

Profile photo of Patricio
    Patricio
    Participant

Would the DX Hub not solve this issue?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.