SQ firmware V1.3

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ firmware V1.3

This topic contains 54 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Swell Swell 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of andrasar
    andrasar
    Participant

Unfortunately not, no Ganging/Linking
    And no HPF on the Auxes….

Profile photo of TonmeisterDaniel
    TonmeisterDaniel
    Participant

Hi, as i am on a conference job right now, far away from my sq. What about the mono matrix option? Did they implement a solution for that?

Do we have page bookmark function for the soft keys or a solution to access the processing screens faster?

Greetz,
    Daniel

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

So lots of stuff people will have to pay for, lots of stuff a few people wanted and still none of those basic features EVERY FREAKIN digital mixer in the world has? After more than one year on the market? Are the devs playing a game with customers and potential customers? I was waiting for 1.3 to buy more SQs, because I expected those basic features to be FINALLY implemented. I’m not buying an SQ for me, won’t recommend it to any customers anymore and won’t even sell them on request until this is fixed.

Profile photo of edewaal97
    edewaal97
    Participant

Hi Keith,
    Thanks for the update. It has lots of features. But as Jens-Droessler is saying above me, I’m missing some quite basic features that other digital mixers have. I was also waiting on this release to finally buy an sq console hoping these features would be implemented. Looking at the feature request part in this forum the number one most commented post is about RTA overlay in EQ. That seems to me like a pretty easy thing. As there is even a picture added on an example. And there is more topics with multiple basic features in them which don’t seem to have such an impact on the working of the device, only on the UI….

RTA overlay on EQ

Profile photo of dazidus
    dazidus
    Participant

Please implement page follows last touched, like in the qu series. It would save a lot of button pressing!

Profile photo of JoelKlein
    JoelKlein
    Participant

Congratulations!!!
    Will install it soon.
    Still no option to set the Matrix to Mono!
    I’m also waiting for a Hi-Cut Filter on the PEQ.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

Oh, forgot: Nice to see, that at least some of my requests regarding the iPad app were fulfilled. Thank you! Please add that to the dLive app, too.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Still amazed to see so many requested features ignored. The brand is beginning to suffer rather than advance. I have concerns for the future of the brand with so much dissent.

Profile photo of Fabrizio Roncato
    Fabrizio Roncato
    Participant

Hi,

last night during some test I hit this strange view of the routing, don’t know how and why, I changed between processing and it come back okay.

I’ve attached a photo.

Profile photo of Fabrizio Roncato
    Fabrizio Roncato
    Participant

I’m sorry. Here the image

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Participant

Hi, I have not yet understood the marketing of Allen heath for Sq mixer.
    abandon gld, introduce sq that has less features of the Qu but with a higher cost. Finally they announce to payment some plugins present base on gld !!! I sold my qu to buy a new SQ, and unfortunately currently my GLD is in faulty display assistance.(another mixer that incredibly has a lot of flaws but I love and it is currently much better than SQ). I would like to sell everything and move to Midas.

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

@icecool

The features that the qu now have was not built in 1 year.

Maybe it is beter to sell al your a&h inventory and move to the 8 years old x/m32 platform.

We all forget the the qu series and also the x/m 32 series don’t had al the features that the nowdays have.

Software development cost money, everybody would like to have a sq series with al the features of a dlive, m32 and yamaha cl together with the price of a sq5.

If you like the feature set of the m32 best, buy it.

Profile photo of Danny-Lan
    Danny-Lan
    Participant

Congratulations!!!
    Will install it soon.
    Still no option to set the Matrix to Mono!
    I’m also waiting for a Hi-Cut Filter on the PEQ.

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Participant

Sq6 has been presented a year ago !!! However, mine was a provocation but I think absurd some market choices.
    this is my ideas, Sorry if it irritates you so much

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

@ShowTime
    Hmm, I am quite sure that the X/M32 do not have all the features of today from the very beginning. The V2 was released 18 month after the mixer came to market. But do not forget hat the X32 do not had only the features of the DDX3216 or an 01V from their very beginnings. It is normal to analyze the current competitor before you release new product and not the ancient products which were release years ago. That have to be done because your new baby have to compete with the market today and not with the market of 2012.
    For me the SQ had the opportunity to be the better successor of the X/M32 if it only allows the users of the mixer to have at lease the same, or nearly the same, functionality of that device. Things like mono matrices or RTA overlays are more or less industry standard today. Ok, I can buy the X/M32 again just because the SQ to not fulfill all my needs. But that would be no step forward. Probably we all have to wait for the next generation coming from Midas (rumors tells us that this can happen in a view month). If this happens the standing of the SQ will be really hard. Again, for me the SQ missed the chance to overtake the X/M32 series. Hopefully it is not to late for A&H.
    Lets give them a try for at least some additional month. Maybe A&H will change their strategy;-)
    Just my two cents
    Klaus
    Klaus

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.