sq fans

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sayo99 sayo99 3 years ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sayo99
    sayo99
    Participant

Just bought sq5. One of the fans (right one) is extremly loud. It rotate with 1570 rpm while the left one is quiet with 300 rpm. What could be wrong?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Cable?

Profile photo of sayo99
    sayo99
    Participant

Sorry, what cable?

SteffenR
    Participant

inside… to the fan… came loose during shipping? maybe?

Profile photo of sayo99
    sayo99
    Participant

how do I check ( fix) that?

SteffenR
    Participant

Open the desk and watch…

btw what is the error log saying about the fan?

Profile photo of sayo99
    sayo99
    Participant

no logs for errors

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Open the desk and watch…

I would not suggest to open a recently bought, brand new device as a customer. That may void the warranty. My suggestion is to contact the your dealer and discuss how to get a proper solution.

Profile photo of sayo99
    sayo99
    Participant

Mfk0815 That is exactly what I was thinking! Thank you all!
    ms

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

Hi, don’t think it would be the cable..

to change the speed of the fans – their supply is a PWM signal.
    if the slower fan rotate all the time with constant rpm – it’s for secure NOT the cable connection…

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@marijan

how loud is extremely loud?
    can you measure the SPL at 3feet from the fan and give us the number you think is loud. thanks.

how loud does the spec in the AH manual say it should be?

are the fans the same model?
    could one side need more cooling?
    can you see inside and see if anything is blocking one fan requiring it to speed up to achieve the cooling?

does the manual say they should be the same SPL level wrt noise?

Profile photo of sayo99
    sayo99
    Participant

I didn’t measure how loud but it rotate 5 times faster then the other (same one) so I can hear it even in the other room if the doors are opened. That is verry loud, can not work with in this…. I checked other guys with same consols and even check sq6 at work and nowhere noone has same problem. Everywher both fans rotate arround 300- 400 rpm and they are hardly to be heard

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @marijan,

There are no logs but you can see the fan speeds in the ‘Utility > General > Diagnostics’ screen.
    These are temperature controlled, so although you will see slightly different readings for each, they should ramp up (and down) at the same time and only get up to higher speeds in very warm ambient temperature environments.
    Having one running at what seems to be full speed does suggest a hardware issue, so as @mfk0815 says, the best thing to do is contact your local dealer/distributor who will be able to get this checked and fixed.

Sorry it’s not the ideal first impression!
    We do run every console through a rigorous QC process before it leaves the factory (including every key, LED, I/O socket, memory location etc…) so not sure what’s happened between that and you receiving your SQ-5 but we’ll get it sorted for you ASAP.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of sayo99
    sayo99
    Participant

Keith, hi!
    As I said I have sq at my work as well and it works perfectly so far. I was just asking if there are some settings or whatewer, to set fans. Obviously not so I decided to return sq5 to my dealer and I am waiting them to replace it. Thank you all for you sugestions and comments!
    marijan

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.