SQ Fans and Littlite?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ Fans and Littlite?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rob-Spence Rob-Spence 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

1) Anyone slowed the fans down in their SQ mixers with in-line resistors? Thy seem a bit noisy as is.
    2) Anyone added BNC connectors and wired them for Littlite gooseneck lamps?

Doug

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

I have never heard my fans, i have the sq5 now to 1 1/2 year.

I also have enough light out of the surface to see everething i have to see.

If your fans are to loud maybe contact your dealer.

Richard

Profile photo of Sebastien
    Sebastien
    Participant

I guess you use your SQ in a studio environment !

In normal condition I can’t hear the fans, but yeah, before the offline editor, at home, I could hear it .

Reducing the speed is not recommanded, It will affect the cooling efficiency, and for sure the fan controller will try to reach the expected idle cpu température, by running them faster !

I would prefer to replace them with silent one offering the same or more airflow… maybe when the garanty is over would be preferable , but you already know that !

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

Yep, okay. I am using this panel in a control room. Fans aren’t awful but could be better. Maybe new quieter fans at some point. The strip lighting lights up the already lit-up touch screen nicely but the faders are pretty hard to see clearly in the dark. Just another small problem on an otherwise awesome panel.

Quiet fans and a couple of 12VDC BNCs would have been pretty easy to engineer into the board at birth. 🙁 Oh well.

Doug

Profile photo of Rob-Spence
    Rob-Spence
    Participant

Littlight makes stand alone gooseneck lights. Just place it next to the mixer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.