sq eq channel

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions sq eq channel

This topic contains 18 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Yann
    Yann
    Participant

Lets put this energy into asking for a Deep EQ insert emulation of an SSL channel strip or something similar. I agree about not looking at the graph. When I see my guys hesitant to EQ something I know they want to because it “looks” too extreme, I throw a piece of paper over the screen for them and tell them to carry on. We’ve got classic compressors already lets have some classic EQ. Not Pultec cos they are too subtle for live but something like an SSL channel strip plugin would be awesome!

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

During one of the NAMM talks this year, Dr. Rob Clark (Managing Director of Allen and Heath), mentioned that they are working on an SSL channel emulator for the DLive. Typically we see plugins start at the DLive console and slowly trickle down to the other consoles (Avantis and SQ). The did not give a time frame for the plugin (at least not that I remember), so it will definitely be a while before something like that would be available on the SQ series (if it is released at all on the SQ because not every DLive plugin is available on other consoles). But hopefully it is coming.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@brian , Just to clarify (before a rumour starts!) – in the NAMM DEEP session, Dr. Rob was talking about a DEEP bus compressor model rather than channel emulation.

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification Keith. I clearly misunderstood that.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.