SQ Editor?!?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ Editor?!?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of marQs
    marQs
    Participant

Hey guys, been working a lot on GLD and dLive. Got a gig coming on an SQ5 and can’t believe I don’t find an offline editor for the SQ range. Does it exist?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

the SQ MixPad app is cross platform and has an offline mode
    it provides most of the functionality needed

SQ Software

Profile photo of marQs
    marQs
    Participant

Ah, thanks! Been to the site before but just… didn’t see it. I’m all ears 😉

Profile photo of Jephsound
    Jephsound
    Participant

The IPad app as an offline editor has a lot to be desired compared to offline editors of desks in this same price range.
    I’m still hoping a Win/Mac version in the works.

Profile photo of marQs
    marQs
    Participant

Well, the SQ-job is done. Created a scene with the SQ Mix Pad on Windows but couldn’t make the SQ see my USB stick. Even after formatting a stick with the SQ it didn’t work, neither did the SQ handle my router – no remote access on the iPad.

Ok, the unit was brand new. I’m sure if I had some time to spend with it beforehand everything had been easy but having an amount of experience with A&H digital desks I felt like it behaved unnecessarly touchy. Indeed my feeling is that products from the big cheap B. are less picky with such simple things like USB drives and networking.

SteffenR
    Participant

so what you did with the network, that it didn’t work?

Profile photo of marQs
    marQs
    Participant

I connected my router, a TP link model that works well with GLD, dLive and Behringer mixers. Set the SQ to DHCP, connected the router and did reboot.

Possibly there was a mismatch of firmware and the app on my iPad. Had no time to check this out. The app just offered ‘offline’ and didn’t see the SQ.

SteffenR
    Participant

The app just offered ‘offline’ and didn’t see the SQ.

a mismatch with the firmware should result in a “Firmware mismatch warning”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.