SQ-Drive Stereo Rec ARM and START on one Softkey

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions SQ-Drive Stereo Rec ARM and START on one Softkey

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Simon V. Simon V. 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Simon V.
    Simon V.
    Participant

I would like to request a function called SQ-Drive Recording ARM then START for one SoftKey.
    As described, pressing such SoftKey will ARM and START the Stereo Recording [the START action can be 200, 500 or even 1000ms later than the ARM action if such amount of time is required in terms of technical]. This will make the SoftKey to be like, at least in the user-end, a “REC” button on conventional recorder.

Profile photo of Simon V.
    Simon V.
    Participant

To further elaborate, I’m utilizing an SQ at a local church where most of the time I trust and encourage the middle/high-schoolers to get involved by doing FOH at worships. I assign SoftKey 4 as SQ-Drive REC ARM, SoftKey 5 as START, and SoftKey 6 as STOP. This sometimes creates some confusion to the kids and I’m frequently asked “why do we need to push two buttons to start but just one button to stop?”, or “what is arm?”, or “do I need to press Soft 4 and Soft 5 simultaneously or what else?”. At one occasion, a person only pressed SoftKey 4 and thought the recording has started, later pressed SoftKey 6 to stop and of course we ended up getting nothing out of the worship.

I’m very grateful to have such an amazing, user-friendly and compact enough console to support my ministry at church, but such a no-brainer and user-centric feature would be extremely appreciated.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.