SQ drive Post Production Protocol

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ drive Post Production Protocol

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hugh Hugh 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

I use a Glyph external HD to capture up to as many as 7 tracks with the SQ-Drive from any given live performance. I reset it after each set that will generally present 10 or 12 selections over apx. 1 hr. I have a Presonus Studio One pro DAW and their Song page is the initial destination for my SQ-drive tracks. This is where the problems start: separating the individual selections for post production two mixing apparently requires splitting and bouncing each selection into a new song as if it were recorded individually.
    I have asked Brian @ Obedia for clarification about this protocol given the fact that the S1 help manual does not offer much of anything about this type of song page separation: They predominately deal with Project page splits. Today there is no direct contact possible with PreSonus (and most all of the other DAW producers) other that the postal service!
    I am delivering FOH SR while simultaneously running a two camera video capture and there is no way I can re-set the HD for each selection. Any experience you may have working around this problem would be good to hear about.
    Hugh

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I’m not sure I understand your problem…
    Wouldn’t it be the better solution to record your sessions with S1 over a Dante card or via USB-B?
    You can watch the recording and set markers after each song….

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

YES, that is easy to do when I am seated in my studio control room monitoring the Waves card input to my DAW: however the desk is not necessarily manned with our live shows but the primary video camera always is.
    (Our live show protocol features an artist controlled dynamic range that is an entirely different subject that we could discuss on a different thread) A one hour set captured on my glyph HD that is split and bounced into selection segments is the best work flow for me and it has nothing to do with my SQ Waves card.
    I raise this issue because the internal recording capabilities of most all A&H desks are for recording a live performance when the desk is the primary SR FOH tool. I learned the hard way many years ago the multitude of problems associated with starting and stopping the HD while the performance is going down, so for me it is on without disruption for the duration of the set, then properly disengaged and started back up when the next set begins.

This may or may not be of interest to many of our thread readers however the absence of much info pursuant an internal SQ-drive best practice protocol needs to be addressed comprehensively.
    Hugh

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.