SQ-Drive page curious thing displayed

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ-Drive page curious thing displayed

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Flo84
    Flo84
    Participant

Hi A&H team and all,

I noticed that something curious to me in the Utility> Sq Drive page (stereo or multitrack mode)…

– On USB-B mode
    – 1&2 USB channels routed to inputs 47&48
    – 47&48 (stereo paired) routed only to Master+Matrix

In the SQ-Drive page 1&2 first channel meters display signal but don’t understand why because I don’t send any sound (unless I make a routing error…) and it’s true again when I unpatch the 1&2 USB channels (no sound go to the mixer that’s normal…).

Maybe I make wrong or it’s firmware issue ?

I give you some pictures from my I/O page.

Best

Profile photo of Flo84
    Flo84
    Participant

I’m sorry pictures aren’t displayed in my previous post… direct links here :

Pict 1

Pict 2

Pict 3

Pict 4

Pict 5

Pict 6

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

you make wrong…

RTFM

SQ-5

Profile photo of Flo84
    Flo84
    Participant

Hello Steffen R,

I appreciate your suggestion but I read the manuals several times since I have the console (for over a year…) but I have not found my answer… But maybe can- you help me understand where I’m wrong.
    Look at my images # 3 you can see that USB L and R are not patched to the USB outputs 1 and 2 but that (on picture # 6) on the first 2 tracks of the SQ-Drive that there is a signal …
    For me the Direct Out isn’t patched and no Tie Line either.
    For example adjusting the Direct Out trim doesn’t change the level received by the Sq drive, only a setting of the output level of the computer influences.

Thank’s

SteffenR
    Participant

what are your meters displaying?

SteffenR
    Participant

did you listened to the signals… what is your meter page showing…

Profile photo of Flo84
    Flo84
    Participant

Hi,
    in “Input Meters” page my meters displaying the input signal normally : I playback music from my computer via “USB-B source” mode to inputs 47/48 and I can listen the signal normally (like pafl or sending to LR).
    When I switch to the Sq-Drive page the sq-drive meters show me signals (from computer) in the first 2 meters even if the “direct out” from inputs 47&48 are not patched to the USB 1&2 outputs.

I realized that to remove the “USB L & USB R” from the inputs of the SQ-Drive I need to unpatch the USB 1&2 to inputs 47&48… but… it removes only the text displayed under the meters(in Sq-drive page), the signal goes on again (on meters).

Finally the USB 1&2 are directly routed to the first 2 Sq-Drive inputs no matter what patch settings…

I haven’t check if it’s the same thing with USB source set on Sq-drive mode.

I do not think that this is a real problem but I found it curious (although I know that to use the Sq-Drive normally we must put in usb source on Sq-drive).

Bests

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    SteffenR
    Participant

the reference guide says: the metering in the SQ drive screen shows input and output metering

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.