SQ Drive multitrack channel grayed out

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ Drive multitrack channel grayed out

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Matthew D Matthew D 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Matthew D
    Matthew D
    Participant

Does anyone know why one of the tracks is grayed out/won’t record on the multi track section of the SQ Drive?

It has cost me production money at this point and I’d really like to get this fixed

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

make photos, videos whatever…
    contact support

we can’t provide any solution with that less information

PS: why a new thread?

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@matthewd

Like @SteffenR said- we need a lot more information to provide any help.

What is the set up including all attached devices
    What are you trying to do
    How is the device configured

How has this cost you or your church money?

Matthew D
    Participant

The setup is currently very simple. I was recording a graduation ceremony for a small school that uses our facility. I was only using one mic at the time. It was coming in to channel 25. Every other channel is recording except for this channel. The audio files in the folder reflect this. It skips from track 24 to track 26. When looking at the multi-track screen, every track appears normal except this channel. It is grayed out and shows no input level.

Without the audio, I was unable to provide the video product which in turn cost me. This was not associated with my church. Thanks for asking!

volounteer
    Participant

@matthewd

Sorry you had problems.
    I am not an SQ expert so can’t really say why that happened to you wrt SQ.

But I do wonder about not doing a sound check to make sure everything is working before graduation started.
    And if you only used one mike why you picked channel 25?
    And if you only used one mike how could any of the other channels be recording?

Sounds like it not as simple or small as you are saying. But then I confuse easily.

Why not use two mikes to ensure that one of their channels worked?
    I, being paranoid, would also have had my zoom recorder running by itself as a backup.

Really hope you find the problem and get it fixed.
    Have you contacted the dealer or opened an AH trouble ticket.
    They will tell you if it is hardware issues. And if it is user error they will tell you that too.

volounteer
    Participant

@matthewd

which SQ were you using?

The manual I pulled up says it only has 24 preamps so how could a mike be on 25?
    Still reading the manual. Maybe there is a way that is not intuitive until you do read it all.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Sounds a bit like you armed all the tracks except the one you wanted.

IIRC, since the latest firmware SQ drive is not fixed at 16 track (or 2) and will record only the tracks you arm.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

The manual I pulled up says it only has 24 preamps so how could a mike be on 25?

Using a stage box!!!!

Or a mic input assigned to multiple channels.

volounteer
    Participant

@mikec

Thank you for clarifying that. As I noted I do not use the SQ , yet.

He did not mention stage box and said this was a very small simple recording at a school.

If the mike was on multiple channels then how did it work on one but not 25?

Not sure we yet have a full understanding of what he had set up and how.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

The SQ is equipped, beside the standard XLR inputs, with a talkback mic input. This socket is free assignable. So you have, for instance, on a SQ6 in summary 25 XLR inputs.
    @Matthew can you double check the routing of the USB outputs? I think that the problem is caused by an incomplete routing.

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

In his profile is sq7, so 25 inputs can be local.

Is input 25 also selected in the i/o? See page 19 of the manual,

If you select at the left output, then input direct out, at the top you select usb, then look at channel 25 it should be routed.

Otherwise send your showfile to support@allen-heath.com with your problem, maybe they can help you.

Richard

Matthew D
    Participant

That was it! It wasn’t routed correctly to USB. Thanks! Should all of the channels be routed to USB in this tab?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

only the channels you need to record
    I would suggest to route main left right as well
    for backup purposes 😉

I did some events with speech recording and on most of them I used the QU/SQ drive as main recording
    and the Laptop feed with analog stereo signal or the AES3 as backup

Matthew D
    Participant

@SteffenR

So are you saying that the SQ Drive can be used simultaneously with the USB-B interface?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.