SQ drive doesn't show playback files

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ drive doesn't show playback files

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex A&H Alex A&H 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of eythoralex
    eythoralex
    Participant

I tried putting multible mp3 and wav files in the “USBPLAY” folder but they dont show up in the stereo playback screen. I have formatted the usb stick successfully and switched from “USB B” to “SQ-Drive” in the IO tab. There is no problem with recording and playing back the recordings in the mixer but i cant seem to figure out how to play back files from my pc, put on the SQ drive.

Can anyone help? THX

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

You need to have the files as wav in 16/24 bit / 96KHz sample rate. And as far as I remember stripped of all meta data as well.
    (not sure about the meta data for the 2-track player)

The console are not able to play MP3’s (main reason could be licensing, apart from hardware setup)

eythoralex
    Participant

okey thank you it works now. But I have another problem now… when playing it distorts as hell! It does not help to lower the preamp on USB track. It is distorting right in the stereo player. It is not clipping in studio one and I have tried to export it at a much lower volume but it does not help.

Profile photo of stylos
    stylos
    Participant

check your trim level?

eythoralex
    Participant

Isn’t trim level = preamp? Regardless, there is no trim level for the sorce it self. It is clipping on the lvel meter in “Utility – SQ Drive – Stereo Playback” Then it is sending the distorted signal to the USB channel where it is not clipping.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Eythoralex,

If you’re still having trouble with this, please start a ticket at support.allen-heath.com and we can look into why this is happening.

Thanks!
    Alex

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.