SQ Drive does not record correctly

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ Drive does not record correctly

This topic contains 36 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tourtelot tourtelot 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Fabrizio Roncato
    Fabrizio Roncato
    Participant

Yep! Just installed, I’ll test tonight with a stereo recording through usb-b

Profile photo of Audiodreams
    Audiodreams
    Participant

I do agree that if the product has one funktion it should work. However, if recording music from the console is so vital for your field of work isn’t Dante or Waves the only ”professional” way to make recordings? Especially since it’s a problem that A&H is well aware of and working on a solution. Which hopefully is solved with the new patch. I’ve done a few recording on my SQ but only thru USB-B not the SQ-drive. 18 tracks without any problems. But I’m aiming on either a Waves card or a Dante card before I want to offer my clients multitrack recordings.

Profile photo of GregTheGrate
    GregTheGrate
    Participant

Hurrah!! Tested multitrack this weekend and had two faultless recordings. One was 40 minutes and the other 90 minutes. Into my DAW and the result is excellent. Thank you.

Profile photo of GregTheGrate
    GregTheGrate
    Participant

@audiodreams. When recording live performances, I believe it is important that you have some sort of backup because the performance cannot be repeated. One of the reasons I purchased the SQ5 was that for most of my work, 16 track backup onto a USB disk to supplement the recording made via the Dante card to my computer was sufficient. It was either this, or buy two computers. I opted for the SQ5. I am glad to say that it has proved to be the correct way to go, after the initial hiccups.

Profile photo of Aaron
    Aaron
    Participant

what firmware version should it be on? for sq5

Profile photo of Aaron
    Aaron
    Participant

will SanDisk ultra 64 gb flash drive work for the multitrack recording on the sq-5

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

It is my experience that no one should use a flash drive to record from an SQ. I, and many others, experienced many catastrophic failures using flash drives. Some say they work successfully.

Now, I only use external HDDs that have a dedicated power supply. I have successfully used both spinning drives and SSDs.

YMMV

D.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.