SQ Drive Corrupted first Track in Day 2 take

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ Drive Corrupted first Track in Day 2 take

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GregTheGrate GregTheGrate 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GregTheGrate
    GregTheGrate
    Participant

I recorded two takes on Day 1 which worked perfectly 1st one 45 minutes next one 30 minute. I then recorded another take on Day 2, not having reformatted the drive. The first track in SQ-MT003 was corrupted and my Mac wouldn’t load the file. Surely this can’t be due to the fact that I didn’t reformat the disk? Any help would be appreciated

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Greg,

Do you remember if you stopped the recording in SQ-Drive before powering off the mixer?

Thanks

Alex

Profile photo of GregTheGrate
    GregTheGrate
    Participant

Hi Alex – Definitely did that. Subsequently, tried again and this time the SQ would not stop recording. There was nothing I could do to stop it. It appeared to be writing to the drive. I eventually pulled out the cable. Needless to say, there was no usable data on the drive. I am using a USB3 SD drive, as it is not possible to buy USB2 SD drives. Third time, lucky. I got the recording. However much of my work is live concert (never to be repeated stuff) so I have to have something that is completely reliable.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.