SQ delay has constant crackle sound

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ delay has constant crackle sound

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andre S Andre S 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Sean
    Sean
    Participant

Hi hivemind! Im new here, but have been using an sq for awhile now. I just bought my own, updated it, added the comp pack and dynamics pack. Now there is a constant noise (shifts from crackling to beeping) coming from the delay. Muting the delay send does not stop it, nor does muting any channel or aux. Its just there. If I choose a delay on another fx send return it also has the same noise… no other rack fx do this for me. Any ideas?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @sean

Well that’s a super weird one!
    Please contact us using support.allen-heath.com about this, with more details on the setup and, if possible, a copy of the show along with any audio or even video examples of the noise so we can try and figure out what’s going on.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Sean
    Sean
    Participant

Thanks Keith, I sent an email with attachments. I did forget to add that i performed a hard reset and the problem was still there.

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Very strange.
    My first idea was, that you use the ECHO instead of the DELAY. ECHO has build in noise, that can be switched on and off on the front plate…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.