SQ Dante V2 Specifics

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ Dante V2 Specifics

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of csobsidan
    csobsidan
    Participant

I’ve looked high and low for the changes between the original and the V2 version of the SQ-DANTE module. Can someone tell me what was changed in the hardware? When purchasing, how can I know which version I will be receiving? Do they have different part numbers?

Thanks in Advance.

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

The v1 is obsolete.

The v2 has written v2 on it.

Profile photo of csobsidan
    csobsidan
    Participant

What about the V1 made it obsolete? If i order this module from a distributor and receive a V1 model will it have any functional difference from a V2?

Is there any way to know which model I may receive from a supplier prior to ordering it (such as a change in part number)?

Profile photo of peterlanders
    peterlanders
    Participant

I’m going to speculate that they’re functionally identical but that the V2 uses a newer Dante chipset. If it were otherwise, they’d actually say something about it in the product information.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

For SQ users, they are identical in functionality and performance.
    The only difference is that the V2 card is also compatible with the AHM-64 matrix processor. So AHM customers will need the V2. SQ users will be fine with either.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.