SQ Dante card not showing up

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ Dante card not showing up

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of chans chans 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Shakenjake86
    Shakenjake86
    Participant

I am trying to install a Dante I/O card in my sq7 and it is not showing up nor is it lighting up in the boot sequence nor will it work in my sq5 any suggestions. New card never used.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@shakenjake86

As this is a brand new card, the first thing to check is that you are running the latest firmware on the SQ.
    In the release notes (https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Release-Notes-SQ-V1.5.9.pdf) you will see that V1.5.8 added support for the new Dante V3 option card.

If this doesn’t solve it, please contact us through support.allen-heath.com and we’ll find out what’s going on.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of chans
    chans
    Participant

hello. i have the V3 card and SQ-5. with firmware 1.5.9, the board can see the card fine.
    but i think i’m still having problems. i also have the DT168, and the mic input there doesn’t
    seem to show up correctly in the mixer. the processing view for the channel has the Socket Preamp
    section grayed out. is there an updated firmware for the card itself?

now, i’m completely new to Allen&Heath digital mixing. so this could be user error on my part.
    but any guidance would be appreciated. thanks.

-sam

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

@chans
    Do you have a valid subscription in Dante Controller from the DT168 to the Dante card (a green tick)?
    If so, does audio from the preamp get through to the channel?
    Is the DT168 connected directly to the Primary port of the Dante card?

Profile photo of chans
    chans
    Participant

yesterday, there was a valid subscription. but it actually did go away; not sure why. so i powered down the mixer,
    and left it at that. today, things look better after powering on the mixer. i’m able to see and adjust the pre-amp
    parameters. and speaking into the mic, the gain meter moves accordingly.

but now, i can’t get audio to the speakers. the subscription between mixer to the speakers looks good. but i’m not
    confident i did it right. i’ve got a few photos i hope would help.

incidentally, everything is connected to a network switch. so the mixer and DT168 are not directly connected to each
    other.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of chans
    chans
    Participant

problem solved.

turns out that the speakers didn’t have the correct source selected. with that set properly, things are working now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.