SQ Custom colours – send levels to faders.

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions SQ Custom colours – send levels to faders.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Piers Piers 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Piers
    Piers
    Participant

Hi there, just a thought I was having the other day about the sends on faders.

Perhaps the SQ could have custom channel strip colours? (different to the main LR mix colours), when selecting an aux mix, as an example.
    I think this would be really useful to more easily identify which aux mix you’re on at any given moment. In the same way as you would when you press the fader flip button (& all of the channel strips turn red), if there was an option to choose a different group of colours for each aux mix, I think that would be great!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of MRBaum
    MRBaum
    Participant

It would be great to be able to customise the behaviour:
    „What happens when selecting Main Mix, Monitor or FX Bus“

For users that work with different colours on the channels the topic idea would not help. What if the channel Displays (only the Channel Display) start to blink every 2 or 3 seconds when selecting Monitor or FX.

Working on the monitormix St FOH is normally only a thing of seconds, Sontheimern blinking would not be to harsh, but it is visible enough to be aware of the situation.

It was also discussed if the Color of the LED Desklight could change, when NOT the Main Mix is selected. Or maybe that could blink.

So there are a bunch of options and maybe the user can activate the one and/or the other option in the settings for his kind of work. Otherwise there is always the risk to not see which bus is selected. A problem especially when you work with lay people like in churches.

Profile photo of Piers
    Piers
    Participant

Hey MrBaum, thanks for your comments.
    I do actually feel that many user would get the benefit of being able to change the colours on the aux mixes, either all one colour of your choice, or it could be left to match the colours on the main L/R mix. (As is currently how it already is)

Maybe it’s just me, but when I use the fader flip mode, I always know where I’m at on the mixer) You could have a different set of colours for each aux, just as an example.

The abilty to choose between the 2 different setups would be the best option I reckon!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.