SQ Control

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions SQ Control

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RRS RRS 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Aamigos
    Aamigos
    Participant

Does anyone know if there any plans for an SQ Control app? I used the QU version quite a bit on my old mixer, and really hope that this might become available in the near future for my SQ5.

Profile photo of PBo67
    PBo67
    Participant

I don’t understand, because there is an application called SQ MIX PAD, but it only exists for an iPad, or Android tablet.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant
    Profile photo of Aamigos
    Aamigos
    Participant

QU Control is different. It allowed me to populate a screen on my iPhone with fader level and mute. With my QU 16 I hade a screen with just level and mute for our main vocal mic and another level control just for the bumper music between sets. It allowed me to be lazy while at the bar drinking during breaks, and if there needed to be an announcement, I could control it from my iPhone. And if the bumper music got too loud or soft, I could pull out my iPhone and adjust, I do have mixpad on my iPad, but I have it wired to an input as I use Garage Band to play keyboard parts during the show. Take a look at the QU control app and you’ll see the difference. I was hoping for an SQ control so I could get back to my drinking.

Profile photo of Gyuri
    Gyuri
    Participant

link to the iPhone app

SQ4You App

Profile photo of MRBaum
    MRBaum
    Participant

I want to bring this topic up again.

The App „Qu Control“ is a Perfect solution for events and fixed installations where lay people need to adjust a defined small number of faders or parameters. For example in churches or schools. For some events the „professionals“ are using the big console to mix band and more. For other events the „lay people“ need to adjust only one or two mics.

So one reason to NOT buy the SQ series for our church / main room is that we are missing an equivalent „SQ control“ app with a customizable surface. The options could be identical to the app „Qu Control“.

A three Channel surface would look like this (see attached picture)

Thanks for supporting that request.

MRBaum

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of BradWalker
    BradWalker
    Participant

+1 on this!

The SQ platform is the workhorse of the lines, with 96K processing, DEEP, and flexibility. It’s worthy of the effort to provide a complete stable of apps!

Brad Walker

Profile photo of RRS
    RRS
    Participant

+1 We use QuControl for simple operations after church celebrations. A simplified interface for our non-technical staff. It would be great to have an app like that!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.