SQ-app PAFL from iPad headhpones-output

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions SQ-app PAFL from iPad headhpones-output

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mixJM mixJM 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Johan Velthuis
    Johan Velthuis
    Participant

It would be really something if it is possible to send the PAFL-bus to the control network so the iPad can play this via it’s headphone-output.
    This would enable me to prelisten from my iPad without having to carry an INEAR-receiver around.

I understand that this is a difficult thing to achieve, but if you can you would really be the COOLEST app makers in the world 🙂

Kind regards,

Johan Velthuis

Profile photo of jakethepeg
    jakethepeg
    Participant

I can see why they won’t do this but it would be incredibly helpful if they did!

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

The problem with this is the wifi latency.

While it would be cool/nice and might be useful for long distances away from the stage (eating up the latency with the time it takes sound to travel to your ear).

The number of support calls A&H would get from people complaining the audio stutters, drops, or is delayed would be crazy high.

Profile photo of Johan Velthuis
    Johan Velthuis
    Participant

I understand it will cause latency. The idea behind it is not to hear it in time, but being able to troubleshoot if a hum is coming from a particular source or to make some EQ adjustments. Maybe I can create a seperate app that can be used in the background to play the audio on the iPad. And an app for a macbook that sends an USB bus via a VOIP protool. Or a dedicated raspberry pi that can send incoming audio to the network.
    That way A&H support doesn’t have to worry about the complains 🙂 My biggest concern is, that the audio should not use up to much bandwidth, so the SQ app slows down or will be buggy.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

The best way would be to use a wireless inear system. Low latency and reliable connectivity would help. Feed the inear from the headphone outs and everything will be fine.

Profile photo of mixJM
    mixJM
    Participant

+1 ->> useful feature and it’s doable, it’s already implemented in some other platforms

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.