SQ and ME panning

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ and ME panning

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Barryjam Barryjam 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jes89
    jes89
    Participant

Hi guys, just wondering what’s your solution to having different(reverse) panning for stage and FOH. I am currently using a drum group (for example) to me-500 to have it take up 1 of the 16 but depending on how i’ve panned the drums you want the opposite when you’re on stage. So would love to hear what you guys have done!

Thanks

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Not anywhere near a desk at the moment, but…

You patch whatever you want to the ME don’t you? So could you just patch (say) Group 1L to ME#2 and Group 1R to ME#1.

Or have I remembered how it works, wrongly?

Profile photo of jes89
    jes89
    Participant

ill try that this weekend, but not sure if that will do much for panning as that doesnt define if something comes out left vs right?

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

Which ME- 500 button (e.g., odd or even) is selected doesn’t make a difference for panning on Me-500.

Try this…
    You have your FOH panning in LR out, correct?

You then have your drum group, selected as a mix instead of a group, panned opposite, and NOT sent to FOH. (So FOH is mixing from the inputs, not from the group). Select that drum group (mix) as a stereo input to ME-500.

I’m pretty sure this would work, but I’ve been proven wrong so many times…

Barry

Profile photo of jes89
    jes89
    Participant

true, haha i guess that means ill have use one of my aux for a an me send as well as a group for processing.

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

It is a kinda complicated method on Me-500 that requires a Group turning into a Mix on the Mixer itself.

Me-1 is more straightforward in that you can create a drum group on a single button of the Me-1 itself, then pan to your hearts content, never sacrificing a mixer group.

In some ways, the Me-500 is optimized for bands just wanting the first 16 mono or stereo inputs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.