Sq and Dante sync

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Sq and Dante sync

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kbshearer
    Kbshearer
    Participant

So I have been asked to help setup a new SQ system in a theater. I have a good deal of experience with the SQ, but not with Dante in that system Here’s the scenario:

One SQ7
    Three DT168 stage boxes
    One Dante Network card.

SO…..They need the ability to output using Dante to other equipment running at 48k. I understand that the card can be set to 48k….but does that work if you are also trying to use the (DT168) Dante stage boxes? Or would you have to use the DX168 stage boxes (obviously not running Dante) and then just use the Dante card set to 48k for outputs?

Thanks!

Kirt

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Kurt,

As you have other Dante equipment that you wish to connect running at 48KHz, then the whole Dante network (i.e. each unit including the SQ-Dante card and all DT units) should also be set to 48KHz.

You could use DX units with the addition of a DX Hub if you did not require the expanders to be on the network directly too as you say.

As an aside, SRC happens on each Dante enabled unit, as the SQ itself is always running at 96kHz.

Cheers!
    Keith.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.