SQ and Aviom

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ and Aviom

This topic contains 18 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jiminthebox Jiminthebox 5 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

where did you get your information that nobody uses Aviom anymore? Maybe in your circle. Generally speaking for all user, i would not do that in your place. The Aviom system continues to be used interationally by many musicians and is always on the RIDER. So a consideration and support outside the Dante network of a manufacturer would certainly be positive. 😉

I have seen 1 system in the last 10 years with Aviom

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

I tend to see Aviom in 40+% of the shows where I visit backstage. (4 or 5 productions a year)
    Mainly I see HearBack, but that is due to me using that system on almost all musicals for now.
    (sadly no ADAT from SQ, but with the low latency we have no problem with the extra DA/AD)

Profile photo of Jiminthebox
    Jiminthebox
    Participant

We still have Avioms for now, but we also have the SQ for all our wireless mixes, and are slowly replacing all our Avioms with Dante headphone amps. Basically everything is routed in and out of the Dlive to Aviom (Dante), SQ, and Soundgrid for recording. Once the hearback system has scribble strips that would definitely be my “Personal Mixer” of choice. Aviom kind of forgot to do anything useful with their product for a lot of years. There are still plenty around, it just doesn’t mean anyone is happy about it.

Profile photo of Jiminthebox
    Jiminthebox
    Participant

I have never seen Aviom listed on a rider unless it’s on the list of products the band refuses to use. That said it doesn’t matter because whatever you have is still what you have.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.