SQ-7 Headphone Output

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ-7 Headphone Output

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Kevin Kevin 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kevin
    Kevin
    Participant

We have two SQ-7 consoles seemingly setup the same. The headphone output isn’t the same though and I haven’t been able to figure out how to fix it. All of the settings on the PAFL screen match on both.

✔️ Console A: headphones output the main mix natively without soloing anything. Muted channels are excluded as you would expect.

✖️ Console B: headphones output all channels regardless if they’re muted. So all of the open mics (grand piano, audience, etc.) are full on in the headphones unless I’m specifically soloing a channel/group.

Does anyone have any idea what is not right here or where I can look to trying and fix this issue/setting? Thanks.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Showfile? Or Scene?

store a scene on console a transfer it to b and test it again…
    you can do the same with a show

make a backup of the show on console B
    and you can send this over to us, so we can have a look into it

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

Every setting is the same?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@lightningman117

are there no settings in the SQ7s that do not appear on that screen?

could there be a problem somewhere? maybe.
    there was another thread with the same complaint on the Qu.
    but I would suspect something is different that you overlooked in the two SQs

Profile photo of Kevin
    Kevin
    Participant

Thank you all for the replies, I will be back at the console this weekend and will see what I can do.

@SteffenR – Initially, console A was setup and then saved to USB and recalled onto console B. From there we made changes to individual channels as needed for recording, but the core settings were not changed. But it’s still a good idea to try just in case something did change by accident.

@lightingman117 – Yes, that’s exactly how the PAFL screen looks on both consoles, except we turned on ‘Additive’ so we solo multiple channels at once.

@volounteer – Thanks for the response. I did see that Qu thread, but I didn’t see anything that helped identify my issue.

It may be a few days, but I’ll report back if I was able to resolve it. If not, then I may take you up on your offer @SteffenR and send over the file. Thanks, again!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.