SQ 6 with IDR32

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ 6 with IDR32

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gab Gab 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of NickVon
    NickVon
    Participant

I’m looking at an SQ and have access to a second hand IDR-32.

From reading on up the specs about the sLink Pork it would seem to indicate that a straight CAT5/6 connection between the two would treat the IDR-32 as up to 32 patchable preamp ins/ and it’s outputs. (Understanding that the SQ is still limited to 48 channels and that using the IDR-32 would limit everything to 48hz.) Am I understanding that correctly. It would be great to utilize the older IDR-32 which still works as a stage box for inputs.

NickVon

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi NickVon,

Unfortunately, the SQ does not support connection to ACE, so this setup would not be possible.

If you require up to 32 input channels, I would recommend using 2 x DX168’s with the SQ.

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of NickVon
    NickVon
    Participant

I’ I then to presume that With a later released Dante Card for the SQ and a existing ilive Dante card that Dante could be used to interface the two components together,(SQ6 and IDR32) Though that appears to cost significantly more then just buying an appropriate stagebox up front 🙂

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

yes that will be possible
    but it’s to expensive

Profile photo of Gab
    Gab
    Participant

and the sq would not have control over the idr preamps, you still would need an ipad or a ilive surface to control them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.